11:45am flight out of Orlando from Port Canaveral

Hopefulwith2

I read Carnival's suggestion is flights be scheduled no earlier than 12pm out of Orlando for departing the ship from Port Canaveral. Do you think that 15 minutes earlier (11:45am) would be too close to risk? We would be using the Mears transfers to the airport.

We were on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas in January. The ship docked at Port Canaveral before 7:00am. We left the ship at 8:00am, got through customs, picked up our luggage and we were in the port parking lot at 8:15am.

Budget Rent a Car's shuttle picked us up and we were in our rental car by 8:45. Got to Kennedy Space Center by 9:00am. If we were heading to Orlando International, we would've been there around 9:30.

For your 11:45 flight, make sure you are one of the first to leave (ie. 7:00am!). I heard that most people tend to leave the ship around 8:30/9:00. The lines at customs can be quite long by then.

Hope this helps.

You should be OK if you do self-assist, which means you have to be able to carry all of your luggage off of the ship yourself. However, just to play devil's advocate, on my last cruise out of Canaveral, the ship was 3 hours late returning to port. I was one of the first people off, jumped on a Carnival bus and waited about 10 minutes for it to fill, and made it to MCO by 12:00 for my 1:00 flight.

On my last cruise, I just decided to fly back the day after the cruise that I wouldn't be anxious the entire last day. But hey, I'm a worrier .... ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived