Can someone please review a scuba diving excursion with Royal Caribbean?

SailingDeanna

We are still trying to make the right decision about scuba diving through Royal or on our own. We seldom book RCCL scuba diving excursions, because we tend to go with a local island excursion. Since Liberty of the Seas reviews are noting horrible tendering experiences in Belize, we are reconsidering booking a RCCL scuba excursion so we can get off the ship easier. I would just love a detailed review about someone's experience. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• 6 months later...

We've booked trips on RC in Nassau and found the experience to be good. Unfortunately, the Monarch (which is what we were on when we did this) gets the last berth so you have to schlep your gear a LONG way to meet the bus to get to Stuart Coves (which is a good operation).

I know this is an old post, but thought I would give an answer. While the cruise we took was several years ago, we did the ship excursion and were very happy that we did. We were the first off the ship. The scuba boat came right to the ship and picked us up, so no wasting time waiting for the tender and going all the way to shore and then going out to dive. The waves were a little choppy that day, so the extra time of not going to shore, gave the operator extra time to take us to a better spot. We were diving the entire time the ship was "parked", so it was a definite benefit to leave right from the ship. I normally would not take the ship excursion due to the number of people going and cost, but in this case, it was a no brainer. The dive boat was not crowded and we had an awesome time. Take the ship excursion and have an awesome time!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We are planning on taking the rc diving excursion in November. We don't own our own BCD or regulators. Are theirs decent to rent?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

when we used RC dive excursion in the past I rented their equipment and it was in good condition..

we are going to dive Belize in April of 2015, so was glad to hear good comments on the ships excursion as i was thinking about doing a private one.