Kennedy Space Center, mini review

Glamourgal

Hi everyone. We just got back from our Carnival Pride cruise with a visit to Nassau. Here is what we did to get to the Kennedy Space Center. We did not have pre-paid tickets or transportation as we wanted to see what the weather was like before committing to anything. Just out of the port building go to the right to where the taxis are. If you take a private taxi, the price is $100 roundtrip plus tips. We shared a shuttle using 888 Taxi. The price for this is $25 per person roundtrip plus tip, so if you have only two in your party, this is the way to go IMHO. Our cab driver was Capt. Ron. He was a hoot and gave us tips along the way re KSC. We were in the shuttle with others from the Carnival Splendor. We all decided that we wanted to leave the park by 4:00 PM to get back to the ship...we had to be back onboard by 5:30 with the ship leaving at 6. We could have even made it for 4:30 but we figured, rather safe than sorry!! We arrived at the KSC just before opening and were first in line for tickets. We purchased our tickets using the Orlando Magiccard that you can order free online before your trip. Here is the link: http://www.visitorlando.com/discounts-and-tickets/ We saved $5 for each ticket using this card. They do not take AAA or AARP membership cards. After getting in the park we went directly to the information desk and asked them the best way to visit the park and they were very helpful. We had a great day here and my husband even got his cap, that he purchased that day, autographed by an astronaut. We all met back at the shuttle and were on our way just before 4PM. We could have also rented a car for near the same price but found the drawback to this was that some who rented cars had to leave the park no later than 3 to have the car back to the rental agency to get the last shuttle back to the port that left between 3 and 4. I honestly think taking the taxi shuttle was really the way to go, make sure to ask for Capt. Ron as he was great. He gave us his card and we gave him our cell number in case of any problems but none occurred! Let me know if you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Ours was crowded but not uncomfortably so. We were there on a Thursday - last week 1/23.

You can also buy tix at the self-serve kiosk machines very quickly with a credit card instead of standing in line to buy tix when you get there.

I also recommend the 888 cab company - $25 roundtrip to the KSC. We paid half when we got there -driver gave us his cell number- we called him 1/2 hour before we wanted to leave and he was there. He stopped at a convenience store on the way back to port so we could stock up on water and soda for the cabin. Very nice. He even slowed down so the kids could see an alligator on the side of the road coming out of the water.

Could have spent 3 days at KSC -very cool.

It was not crowded at all when we were there. The only thing with purchasing your tickets at the kiosk is you can't use your discount Orlandomagic card there so we got them at the ticket booth with no waiting time at all.

Have fun on the Pride, we had a great cruise!!