9/5/14 – 9/12/14 Dave Koz and Friends at Sea - Vancouver and Alaska Smooth Jazz Radia

Jabby

This is a smooth jazz cruise with truly fabulous musical entertainment.

Jazz legends; Dave Koz, Chris Botti, Richard Elliot, Mindi Abair, Nick Colionne, Oleta Adams, Gerald Albright, Jonathan Butler, Bobby Caldwell and Earl Klugh.

I have also posted this cruise on the Cruise Critic, Roll Calls–Royal Caribbean “Meet & Mingle” Rolls—Radiance of the Seas Roll Calls-- 9/5/14 – 9/12/14 Dave Koz and Friends at Sea - Vancouver and Alaska Smooth Jazz cruise on RCC’s Radiance of the Seas

Because it is a “Special Theme Cruise" and already almost sold out you will not find the cruise listed on the regular RCC home pages. It is however listed in great detail on Dave Koz’s web site.

We did the Dave Koz and Friends at Sea – Mediterranean -- Italian and French Riviera Cruise September 2012 on the Serenade of the Seas. It was truly amazing. The jazz was everything we hoped for and so much more. The itineraries were crazy good fun. We met wonderful people who we shared limo’s with. We had meet them on Cruise Critic. They were so much fun and helped us save a bundle on group excursions.

Vancouver and Alaska will be a blast I’m sure.

Jim & Kathie

Albuquerque, NM

Edited by Jabby

• 4 months later...

This cruise to Alaska has some of the most amazing smooth jazz artists and singers. We also took the French and Italian Riviera smooth jazz cruise and had an absolute ball. We met lots of fun people and even plan to reunite with some of them on this cruise.

Most are on Facebook and not on cruise critics....missed SeaBreeze Jazz Festival this year which was almost a :Dpreview:D of Dave's cruise

Would love to go but my my Jazz Cruise buddy said Alaska has no Caribbean beaches :eek:

• 1 month later...

So, getting very excited about this cruise. We thought we should combine what we love best about music with visiting a beautiful place. Coming over from UK on the 25 August to see the sights on Vancouver Island but will be back in town the night before. Are there any plans for a mini meet somewhere before we board :)

• 5 weeks later...

We're excited too! First time for us on a "theme" cruise like this. Also, never been to Alaska, so a lot of firsts for us on this one. Someone asked me the other day where exactly we were going on the cruise and I drew a blank. I guess I'm way more excited about the performers than the destination! But I'm sure both will blow us away!...

(Also surprised by the lack of activity for this cruise on these boards...)

Annie Cat40. I don’t know of any mini meets before boarding, we are still putting our Vancouver plans together. How were the Smooth Jazz East and West cruises? So far Dave Koz’s cruises will be our only Jazz venues at sea. Our Dave Koz Mediterranean Jazz cruise was incredible. We got to see and meet Fourplay. Bob James has been my favorite artist for as long as I can remember. The whole group is incredible. It was very special for my wife and I. Really looking forward to the Alaska cruise. Chris Botti’s album “Italia” brings tears to my eyes. All the artists are the best of the best.

Saxpilot I don’t think we will ever do a regular cruise again. It’s so much fun being with other Jazz fans that have similar musical tastes. You get a top notch entertainment every night as well as the opportunity to meet the performers in person during the day. Like “hattack” mentioned the “Themes” get lost in the huge Cruise Critic website. You really need to seek it out. I think most people stop with the Roll Calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Again!

Sorry stopped looking here as there was not much going on, silly me! :) Getting way too excited about the cruise, we are heading off around Vancouver Island beforehand so it has taken some planning to get to this point (we leave on 25th August whoo hooooooo)

It will be great to see how RCCL compares with HAL and always good to hear different artists. Jabby, we love the SJC, it'll be our fourth in Jan 2015 and we are excited about that too, we feel part of the family now. It really is a week long party, so much fabulous music, food is yum, we meet old friends and new. If you like Bob James then you like us would have been sooooo happy to hear Double Vision played live for one night only - they had to go back to the music at points as they hadn't played it for so long!

As for regular cruising, never have, never will all the while I can do the music ones.

• 2 weeks later...

We just saw Dave Koz, Mindi Abair, Richard Elliot and Gerald Albright on 8/14/14 on the Smooth Jazz cruise out of NYC and all of them were fantastic. To see and hear those 4 sax players playing together was just unbelievable. You have a fantastic line up and your on a beautiful ship, Radiance of the Sea.

I know you will enjoy your cruise!