Internet Access

I did a ten day cruise on the pacific jewel from Sydney to Noumea, Port Vila, mystery Island,Isle of pines and Lifou. There was good free internet access in the main street of Noumea, and at the dock in Port Vila I was able to log on to internet from http://www.telsatbb.vu

at a reasonable price (around 13 Australian dollars for a few GB ). No internet access was available at the other ports. I saw quite a few people on board were using the ship's WiFi. One passenger told me it was very very slow. I only tried the on board computer in the cafe to browse the complimentary p&o Web pages and in both cases my coffees were ready before the page loaded lol.

Edit: I am referring to WiFi, not mobile networks.

Edited by andlep

Hi All

We are looking at taking our first cruise on P&O to Vanuatu however are wanting to know if anyone using P&O has experienced lapse in internet access for any length of time.

Or do we need to stay on cruisers closer to the shore line?

Thanks.

The only way you will get internet or phone service while you are at sea is through the ship's services. Believe me, you do NOT want to connect to their phone service, it will cost you $$ per minute. Internet is usually done on a sign-up programme, with daily rates or complete cruise rates. Make sure you turn your ROAMING off on your phone or you will be automatically to the ship's phone services.

You may find internet cafes in Vila and Noumea and Suva. Most other ports are primitive and internet is not available.