St. Peter Line

Nallekarhu

Hi everybody!

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new ferry line linking Helsinki-St Petersburg and Stockholm-St Petersburg. We'd like to take a little side trip to St Peterburg during our trip to Helsinki next year and found they had just begun service a few months ago. I'm hoping somebody on here might have already been on board and scouted it out for the rest of us. I'd like to know how it compares to the rest of the baltic ferries. (Silja, Viking, Ekero, etc...) Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi there, we had booked a cruise from 30.05.2012 for 4 nights. Stockholm-Tallinn-StPetersburg-Helsinki-Stockholm.

We were super excited to go. Just found out today (21.05.2012) they have cancelled the cruise. Their reason? They have charted the boat from 18.05.2012-03.06.2012.

So I assume this was a case of they can make a lot more money off a charter than they will letting you cruise with them.

Super disappointed, and wondering what type of compensation I am entitled to? Anyone else used this line before?

Anyway, just sharing my experience, and if I do receive compensation I'll post to the board.

Thanks!

hbomb

We sailed with St. Peter Line from St. Petersburg to Stockholm in June 2011 and had a wonderful crossing with them. We sailed on the Princess Anastasia, a former Viking Line and P & O ferry. They have refurbished the ship and the public areas are very nice but maybe the cabins are a bit worned out. The ship itself is quite big. The food in the a' la carte restaurant was very good and the breakfast in the buffet was typical russian style, but hey, it's a russian ship.

Here are some videos I made during the voyage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1l3OVmiTMk

Archived