JFK to MIA

Princess246

Hello, myself, DH and DD (6) are cruising on Liberty on the inaugural sailing. So, I'm looking for airfare from JFK to MIA for May 18 (day before sailing). What is a good price for airfare? Any sites that I should check? Oh and what is too early as far as return flights? Right now the cheapest return on Delta would be 12:30, is that too early? How far is MIA from the Port?

Thank you.:)

The only airline that does JFK-MIA non-stop is American (Delta does have one JFK-MIA flight, but it's at 5:50PM). Current one-way fares are $109, that's pretty good and I would lock it in.

Additionally, you may have many many more options if you consider other airports as well such as LGA, EWR, or ISP.

A couple of great sites I use is kayak.com for fare searches and farecompare.com for pricing trends.

JJPNYC, thanks for the suggestion. I will purchase the tickets, but the cheapest return flight is at 12:30 p.m., is this too early. This is only our second family cruise, the first we left from our home port in NY, so I'm not sure how much time I should allow for disembarking, travel time to the airport, security, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You might also want to take a look at flying on Spririt from LGA to FLL. When I was pricing tickets for a February cruise they were the cheapest and had a 3 PM return. I understand that FLL is only an hour from Miami.

Lark1018, I checked it's coming out to approximately the same. JFK is about 15 minutes from my house. I'm trying to limit the amount of traveling because we will have my dd who is 6. Which port did you leave from, MIA?

JetBlue also flies non-stop JFK/MIA, one-way or RT.

JetBlue has a significant operation at FLL and does not currently fly to MIA--nonstop or otherwise--although they have mentioned it an an option in the future.

Lark1018, I checked it's coming out to approximately the same. JFK is about 15 minutes from my house. I'm trying to limit the amount of traveling because we will have my dd who is 6. Which port did you leave from, MIA?

Well if the prices are the same go from JFK directly to Miami. It was always my airport of choice when I lived down that way. When I was looking it just seemed as if there were a lot more options going into FLL. We are cruising from Miami. I actually wound up taking the cruise air because it was cheaper than trying to book it myself ( Feb break/prices crazy). We are leaving from JFK to Miami. Have fun. My DD is now 16 and a big help in the airports but I remember how hard it was 10 years ago. Good luck and enjoy.

I just wanted to thank everyone for responding. I found JFK to MIA for $218 pp incl. tax & fees. The only thing is the return flight is 12:30, is that to early? What is the earliest I should book a return?

Thanks again for your input!

I just wanted to thank everyone for responding. I found JFK to MIA for $218 pp incl. tax & fees. The only thing is the return flight is 12:30, is that to early? What is the earliest I should book a return?

Thanks again for your input!

The cruise lines typically suggest 12-1 for early departure. I would think 12:30 will give you plenty of time...

Archived