Buying Airline Tickets

SunshneNC

I actually have two questions for you frequent flyers....

When is the best time to buy airline tickets?? A few months before the cruise or a few weeks before the cruise? I found tickets on Delta for $169 round trip from Raleigh, NC to Miami, FL for our Freedom Cruise in November 2007. Is this good or will they go cheaper?

Also, I read alot about flying in the day before the cruise but what about the flight home? Day you get off the ship or the day after? If you say the day you get off the ship, then what time is a good flight home?

Thanks for your help!

I personally buy when I see a fare that I'm comfortable paying. If you go to farecompare.com, and plug in your dates, it will give you a chart or graph showing average prices for the year, so you can judge a bit better.

see here, http://*****.com/fj3fn

As to flying home, I do fly home the day the ship docks. Check when ship docks, how far you will be from the airport and I think the cruise line lets you know not to book any flight before noon, for example. You might want to check.

The best time is when you find a good price..and that can be at a variety of times, but 'several months' is generally better than 'several weeks' nowadays. It also depends on whether or not your cruise coincides with another event occurring near your port (Super Bowl, Spring Break, Christmas, etc.)

The price you found is the lowest rate going at this time per farecompare, and while they did go lower in Nov 2006, (down to around $75 on Nov 18), they can also go much higher. Look around at the charts on that website to get an idea of what may be available and keep checking the search sites (kayak and sidestep are two) for your dates.

Most people fly home the day they get off the ship; for Miami, anything after noon should be just fine.

HELLO,

We are doing our first B2B 10-20 out of NYC to PR. The 2nd leg returns to PR on 11-03. Should I book our flight home now or is it too early? AA has a good price to Logan for $129 which sounds good. It seems like it's too early to book other airlines so should we wait? I'm not sure what is too early and what is pushing roo late...help:confused:

Archived