When are we going to find out which airline/time etc?

newtocruising99

Hi there,

We have booked air through Carnival (only because it was a lot cheaper) for our March Break cruise. We are flying out of Toronto. I keep checking my fun pass online and no air details are on yet. Is it true we will only find out a couple weeks before our cruise?

Thanks!

PAm

Same question from me - we booked through NCl for March 31 Hawaii. First time we have ever booked cruise air and only because it was 1200.00 cheaper total for 4 of us. I figured for that much savings, I'd put up with all the potential issues - bad flights, may not sit together, may not even be on the same flights (booked 2 cabins, 2 in each), may miss our ship, etc. etc.

But, I'd sure love to know as soon as possible what we may be dealing with. :rolleyes:

Same question from me - we booked through NCl for March 31 Hawaii. First time we have ever booked cruise air and only because it was 1200.00 cheaper total for 4 of us. I figured for that much savings, I'd put up with all the potential issues - bad flights, may not sit together, may not even be on the same flights (booked 2 cabins, 2 in each), may miss our ship, etc. etc.

But, I'd sure love to know as soon as possible what we may be dealing with. :rolleyes:

Doing NCLA one week before you. Notified of our flights by mail yesterday. They actually were mailed from Miami 1/31.

S'WELL - where are you flying from and what how did NCL book you? What airlines, times, and times between flights if not nonstop? Also, do you know seats yet?

I'm apprehensive about not controlling my own flight itinerary but at the same time, really wanted to save money on this trip!

Have you really heard of families being divided up on flights? We booked cruise air because we are so concerned about missing the ship, but I never thought we might be divided up. We have two teens (15 and 17) and two adults.

Deb

S'WELL - where are you flying from and what how did NCL book you? What airlines, times, and times between flights if not nonstop? Also, do you know seats yet?

I'm apprehensive about not controlling my own flight itinerary but at the same time, really wanted to save money on this trip!

Leaving from Den. United to HNL. Leave 6:17 am to LAX. Leave LAX at 8:50 am with 0ne hour layover arriving HNl at noon. United won't tell me seats but others on our roll call have been told by United what their assigned seats are but they weren't allowed to change them. Go figure!

Delta on the return.Delta was very helpful and I have seats we selected and a confimation code so we can print boarding passes. HNL to Salt Lake leaving HNL at 10:30 pm( prefer this since we get the whole day to do Oahu ) 2 hour lay-over in Salt Lake, good opportunity for breakfast) arriving in Denver at noon

S'WELL - thansks for sharing your flight info. I'll keep my fingers crossed we get flights as good as yours. I'd love to get in earlier on embarkation day rather than 5 PM or so. Hopefull I'll know by end of next week.

lotsago - I have read on these boards some people have experiened getting seperate flights. It's rare, but it's happened. In one case, it was a family with elderly parents and the elderly parents were booked on a flight seperate form the rest of the group. From what I read, they guarantee to keep cabinmates together, but not necessarily the whole party, if not in the same cabin.

We're like you, my husband, myself, my teenaged son and his best friend. My husband is booked wtih the best friend and me with my son. It would be miserable for the kids if they couldn't fly together. My son is a well seasoned traveller but his best friend isn't.

Have you really heard of families being divided up on flights? We booked cruise air because we are so concerned about missing the ship, but I never thought we might be divided up. We have two teens (15 and 17) and two adults.

Deb

We leave next week on Carnival. There are 16 of us flying down using Carnival Air, 1 couple, 2 families of 3 (parents and 1 son each) and 2 families of 4 (parents and 2 kids each). I called 30 days out and we were all on the same flights however we received tickets a week later and we are now split up for 2nd part of flight. We all leave at 6am together, but once in Atlanta the one couple, one family of 3 and 1 son from each of the other 3 families are on 1 flight into Ft. Laud. and the remaining are on another flight 2 hrs. later into Miami. First time I ever booked cruise air....never expecting that my son would be on another flight. Called Carnival numverous times and was told someone is working on it and would call back but have had no response. I hiighly recommend booking your own air or go through a good TA, unfortunately we booked directly through Carnival.

Received docs today for NCL PofAM Hawaii 3/31 cruise and the flights are pretty decent. Leave Seattle 6AM 3/31, change planes in San Francisco at 9AM, and arrive in Honolulu at 11:30 AM. Not thrilled about needing to get up at 3:30AM to make a 6AM flight but at the same time, we do like getting to Hawaii with time to spare.

Coming home we fly out at 8:30 PM and back in Seattle at 8AM. Tired but we won't miss Easter :) .

All 4 of us are on the same flights event though we are booked in different cabins so I'm glad we're together. I won't worry about seat assignments, will have to get them at check-in, though am hoping the boys can sit together or at least close together. My husband and I are avid readers so sitting together, or not, isn't a major concern. We'll have all week to catch up on the cruise!

Archived