Just got off the Radiance on Sunday...

How did you like it? Were you able to tender to Cococay. I am going ont 4/10 and bringing 3 yr old. Did you think that there were many kids? what did you feel that age range was. Any info would help for first time cruiser

I was also on this cruise and to answer your question Salior Moon the Radiance looked great. I did not see any sign of distress or disrepair other than one glass panel on the elevator shaft was broken. I was on the Voyager 2 years ago and the Radiance was much better looking. A tremendous vessel. We stayed in (D1) aft #1604.

JGwolf...We did the western swing so I can't comment on Coco Cay. However we were not able to tender in Grand Caymen. 60 mph winds that day. Which actually turned out to be a blessing as we did a overnight in Cozumel which was a blast. Kinda nice not worrying about being back at the boat at a certain time. Compared to the Voyager which we did in Feb (03)there was hardly any children. Of course being the first full week of March might have had something to do with it.

Any further questions let me know.

WilSam,

We are in 1604 on the 27th of March, how was the room? I won't need one of those ultra violet lights will I:)

I am very interested to see the difference in the Radiance aft compared to the Voyager's aft.

scoop

Granduer 97

Voyager 03

Radiance in 10days

Carnival Liberty 06

Rebchief or Willsam,

My wife and I and two of our friends are planning on doing Chops, Portifino and the Murder Mystery(with dinner at Portifino again). Did you all do any of these?? We have our plans finalized-South Beach 2days pre-cruise, get on the boat by 11am Sunday, beach and more beach-no excursions this trip just taking a cab to our spots. Thanks for any thought or memories you can share.

Scoop

Scoop,

We were on the Radiance in February & did the Murder Mystery. It was a lot of fun, cheesy, but fun and is something I would definatly recommend. I was one of the few who guessed who the murderer was and got an RC bag full of lots of little treats.

We are doing Radiance on April 17th through the PC. Can you tell me who the Port Lecturer is?

This will be our third sailing on Radiance, and we just love the ship. Crew and Staff are the friendliest, and service is remarkable.

Thanks......................

Hello...I was in 1604 with Willsam last week...had a blast... the ship is beautiful and the crew was amazing!Scoop: I won't comment on the light...LOL...we ate at both restaurants..both great... but we all preferred Portofino...

MTS: I peeked in 1600 when it was being cleaned...NICE...

Enjoy!

Could not dock in Grand Cayman b/c of winds...:mad:

Overall, the ship is in beautiful shape( read my review part I--first time doing one...)

Did not know or hear about Murder Mystery. We ate at Chops and my DW was very disappointed in her steak. She got the New York Strip--actually striploin. Isn't that the kind of steak that those driving grocery stores try to pan off?? Everything else with Chops was very nice. Service, cheese spread with bread, and the Chocolate Dream(?) dessert were fabulous.

Don't know what "port lecturer" is?

Hey Scoop....You will love the room. Huge Balcony. The only downside (which really isn't if you don't sleep in) to the room is you can hear the chairs moving above you at the windjammer. I would say we noticed it around 7:30-8:00. We like to sleep with the sliding door open hearing the wake which just lulls you to sleep. I feel the view was better from the Radiance aft vs the VOS.

We did both Portifino's and Chops. Unlike some other posts we (four in our group) felt Portifino's was much better. It just felt more upscale and true Italian restaurant. You must order the choc. flourless cake. OH MY GOD! Don't get me wrong Chops was good but not much different than any GOOD steakhouse. We went to chops as our date night so that was really fun. Just the two of us enjoying a nice quiet meal.

We also did not preplan any excursions. If you are looking for just a beach day in Cozumel I would recommend Paradise beach($12 cab ride about 10min). It was great. Great food reasonable drink prices and VERY clean.

I don't know about the UV lights will they work out on the balcony :)

Hello...I was in 1604 with Willsam last week...had a blast... the ship is beautiful and the crew was amazing!Scoop: I won't comment on the light...LOL...we ate at both restaurants..both great... but we all preferred Portofino...

MTS: I peeked in 1600 when it was being cleaned...NICE...

Enjoy!

Thanks Bostongirl! I'm looking forward to an AFT/Suite experience! ;-)

MTS

Could not dock in Grand Cayman b/c of winds...:mad:

Overall, the ship is in beautiful shape( read my review part I--first time doing one...)

Did not know or hear about Murder Mystery. We ate at Chops and my DW was very disappointed in her steak. She got the New York Strip--actually striploin. Isn't that the kind of steak that those driving grocery stores try to pan off?? Everything else with Chops was very nice. Service, cheese spread with bread, and the Chocolate Dream(?) dessert were fabulous.

Don't know what "port lecturer" is?

He/She is the person who describes each port and where to shop.

I will be on the Radiance April 3rd tell me about the shows, the activities, and the food:)

The shows were great. Go see the Piano man...it has a bunch of Billy Joel, Elton John....numbers...We had Beatlemania on board and it was fantastic. It was more like a concert than a show with people singing along and dancing at their seats. That might have been a one night show because we saw them getting off at Jamacia.

The food in the dining room was great. Not once did I or anyone at our table get a cold soup or dinner. I still don't understand when people complain about the food. This is my 4th cruise pn RCCL and not once did I have a bad meal. I mean they are cooking for 800-1000 people at a time what do you expect. Granted the windjammer is so-so buffet food but the main dining room is excellent for those conditions. Our waitstaff (table 422) did everything possible to make our evening enjoyable!

and our waitstaff was superb as well. For SO many people, Cascades was pretty good if not excellent on a couple of their entrees.

We loved the "New" Village People and the Beatles were great as well. Missed out on Piano Man as DW was not feeling swell.

Midnight "Gala" Buffet was Friday night for us--after leaving Cozumel. The food was great but the presentation was outstanding.

Formal night was fun and the food was pretty good as well. Like I said earlier our Wait Staff, which was Louis and Jade and my drink guy Michael were all fantastic!!

Can you tell me if the aft balconies had loungers?

Thanks.

Our cabin did not and the ones next to us didn't but 2 doors down they did. Not the suite but cabin 1102. I believe its just dumb luck if you get one now. God knows there is plenty of room on those balconies.

MTS-you will love 1600....from Balcony to the Door!!!!

Lou

Thanks Lou! Have you actually stayed in this room yourself? I hear it's got a nice entry, different from other Grand Suites, due to it's shape and being in the AFT location.

MTS

If you are looking for just a beach day in Cozumel I would recommend Paradise beach($12 cab ride about 10min). It was great. Great food reasonable drink prices and VERY clean.

In reference to the cab ride for 12.00, is that the standard charge or do they charge you per person? Do they have loungers here to rent? TIA

Archived