Question about Rome to Civitavecchia transfers

jeast

I understand that most transfer services and cabs just drop off at the shuttle station at the port where you can catch the bus. I know that Romecabs are licensed to drop their passengers off at the pier itself, which is preferable. I am also looking at Bob's Limo, which is also romelimousines, and I was wondering if they are also authorized to drop at the pier? Or just the shuttle stop?

If I'm going to pay for a transfer, I want one to take us all of the way there and not have to wait for a shuttle.

Not sure where you are getting the idea that most shuttles do not drop passengers at the pier. In my experience (and reading reviews here of many different services), I believe it would be correct to say that most shuttles DO drop you off at the ship.

If you are in doubt, you can always email the service and ask. I know I've used romashuttle.com , a shared shuttle service and not one of the pricier ones, and they have dropped me off at the ship. Other family members have also used them with the same results.

I've actually read it here on these boards and seen disclaimers on several transfer websites about it. Apparently there are a limited number of companies that are allowed to take you to the ship itself. I just want to be sure that is the case with Bob's Limos. I've read reviews about them but haven't been able to find that information yet. Hoping to hear from someone who has used them.

I've actually read it here on these boards and seen disclaimers on several transfer websites about it. Apparently there are a limited number of companies that are allowed to take you to the ship itself. I just want to be sure that is the case with Bob's Limos. I've read reviews about them but haven't been able to find that information yet. Hoping to hear from someone who has used them.

Can you provide links? I'd like to compile a list.

Edited to add: I found this post which confirms that Bob's Limo drops off in port:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43309442&postcount=5

Again, I'd be very surprised if any of the recommended services you read about here do not drop you off directly at the ship. I suspect it's one of those things shuttle services tell their passengers to keep them loyal.

Edited by cruisemom42
Found more info

Thanks for the confirmation! I just wanted to be sure before I booked. I was torn between them and Romecabs but Bob's has a 20% discount for paying with PayPal, so I wanted to take advantage of that.

I understand that most transfer services and cabs just drop off at the shuttle station at the port where you can catch the bus. ? .............

If I'm going to pay for a transfer, I want one to take us all of the way there and not have to wait for a shuttle.

Hi,

I do not have an actual experience ( yet) but I hope that we will be picked up at the ship.

I booked with a company that advertises pick up at the ship. ..... and it is none of the big ones .... and not too expensive. Port (pick up In Front your Ship)- from/to- Airport Rome or Rome City or Vice versa

• SedPlace of pick : CIVITAVECCHIA PORT SHIP JEWEL OF THE SEASan 1 to 3 Passengers €120 euro.

• Van 4 to 8 passengers €150 euro.

Civitavecchia Port (pick up In Front your Ship)- from/to- Airport Rome or Rome City or Vice versa

• Sedan 1 to 3 Passengers €120 euro.

• Van 4 to 8 passengers €150 euro..

Edited by wieslaw

I understand that most transfer services and cabs just drop off at the shuttle station at the port where you can catch the bus. I know that Romecabs are licensed to drop their passengers off at the pier itself, which is preferable. I am also looking at Bob's Limo, which is also romelimousines, and I was wondering if they are also authorized to drop at the pier? Or just the shuttle stop?

We used Bob's Limos in November from our hotel in Rome to the ship's terminal in Civitavecchia. We had excellent service from them.

We have 2 days in Rome prior to heading on a cruise so should we stay near the city or head to the port and then travel back after we drop off luggage

If you want to explore Rome (and you should), then stay IN Rome. Civitavecchia is a long way away to commute back and forth. You'll have more time to enjoy Rome if you stay there and then head down to the port on the day you embark.