Baby Sea Turtles Excursion in Acapulco

SeahawkSiren

Has anyone done the baby sea turtles excursion in Acapulco? It's offered through NCL (maybe other cruise lines too). The Sea Turtle Rescue Center is about an hour's drive from Acapulco and you get to learn about endangered baby sea turtles and have an opportunity to release them into the ocean. I was hoping for some feedback from others who have done this excursion if it's worth the trip out there. Thanks in advance for any insight.

We did this quite a few years back with RCCL so not sure if it's the same rescue centre, but it was a good trip, my son loved it. You got to hold the teeny turtles and learn more about them. They then had us line up along the shore and gave us a baby turtle each to release at the same time. It was fun watching them race to the ocean. You got to name them and got a certificate at the end. Ours were called Hose and Hose B! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone done the baby sea turtles excursion in Acapulco? It's offered through NCL (maybe other cruise lines too). The Sea Turtle Rescue Center is about an hour's drive from Acapulco and you get to learn about endangered baby sea turtles and have an opportunity to release them into the ocean. I was hoping for some feedback from others who have done this excursion if it's worth the trip out there. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I am interested to hear more about this as well. We will be sailing on NCL Sun Oct 13th, and I'm thinking of organizing an independent tour that would include the turtle release centre as well as cliff divers and whatever other sites we can fill in the day with. If by chance you are on that cruise, I would love to hear from you if this interests you, or even for any other insights you have.

Meanwhile, it is great to get whatever feedback we can regarding the turtles. Sounds like a fun and different option to the normal tours. We are from Vancouver, BC area, just north of you, so we certainly don't have this program on our door steps!

Thanks,

Linda