Shadowfax Champagne and Lobster Cruise

Mtreas99

We are looking for feedback on this Celebrity excursion. We have done catamaran tours on Barbados MANY times and are looking for something new for our upcoming Millenium cruise. Any info on this catamaran trip would be appreciated!

My wife and I have been on the trip twice, and will be going on it again in February. Well worth the time - the price may scare some people off though. First you leave the dock and with weather permitting you go to a snorkeling spot where statues are submerged underwater. You'll spend about an hour there and then head off to the southern tip of the island for a lobster lunch (with a few glasses of wine, bread, and veggies), and then set sail to get back.

Oh, and did I mention the rum:). I always seem to need a nap when we get back........

All-

I just remembered a couple of things - the catamaran is a decent size (for some reason 55 feet rings a bell in my head, but it could be slightly larger), also due to the cost, at least one of the two times the trip had hardly anyone aboard which made for VERY fun trip. Staff is very friendly and accomidating!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Best lobster I've ever had, first time I'd ever had Caribbean lobster. Fantastic! I thought the underwater statues were boring, though, and the tour guide in the water with us was very insistent that EVERYONE LOOK AT EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!! It got kind of ridiculous. Water was a little murky that day too. But the food alone was 100% worth it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this excursion back in March 2011 and it was fantastic! We had a great time and I would definitely do it again.

The lobster was delish, the champagne was fab, and the views/tour was incredible. The people that gave the tour were really nice and knowledgeable. :p

• 6 months later...

Hi Lsimon...I enjoyed your pictures very much. I am thinking about the Shadowfaz Tour and lunch. My question is...I don't snorkle, Hubby does. Will I still like this? Also How do you get back on the sailboat after lunch...just wondering. I am not in the best of shape and wondering if this woud be an issue. Thanks, I will read all responses.

Dee;)

Hi Lsimon...I enjoyed your pictures very much. I am thinking about the Shadowfaz Tour and lunch. My question is...I don't snorkle, Hubby does. Will I still like this? Also How do you get back on the sailboat after lunch...just wondering. I am not in the best of shape and wondering if this woud be an issue. Thanks, I will read all responses.

Dee;)

The snorkeling is a small part of this trip - perhaps 1/2 hour out of a trip that runs many hours. Quite a few people didn't snorkel on our trip.

If you look carefully at the following photo you'll see the stairs they lower from the boat at the front of the cat extending into the water behind the small raft like boat. There is sometimes a good step onto the stairs but the crew will help you. http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Caribbean-March-15-2010/Grenada-Shadowfax-Champagne/11693576_PsqkQD#!i=825046249&k=DWbr8

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
We had a great time on this trip and it is highly recommended. I have some photos and a brief review of our trip on my photo site at:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Caribbean-March-15-2010/Grenada-Shadowfax-Champagne/11693576_3XE3t#825046025_3sm66

Larry, we scheduled Shadowfax in Nov'13 but cancelled due to Chef's Table being on the same date. We will be there on April'14 on the Eclipse and want to book. Did you book thru Celeb? Great photos. Thanks, Bob

Larry, we scheduled Shadowfax in Nov'13 but cancelled due to Chef's Table being on the same date. We will be there on April'14 on the Eclipse and want to book. Did you book thru Celeb? Great photos. Thanks, Bob

Since we've taken this it has been offered through Celebrity. If they are offering it then you can not book directly and must book through the cruise line.