has anyone ever use a evergo poc

kokopops

Kokopops,

We have not used an everglo POC. My husband is on continuous flow oxygen 24/7. We rented a Sequal Eclipse from Oxygen to Go for our cruise last month. It provides up to 3 liters on continuous flow and up to 6 liters in pluse mode. It came with 3 batteries, a desktop battery charger, AC cord, DC Cord, rolling cart and oximeter. Total cost was $490 including shipping for 2 weeks. Oximedical also has the same thing for about the same price. We were very happy with the unit and with the service we received from Oxygen to Go.

• 1 year later...

I use the EverGo POC when I travel. It is very easy to use. I have four batteries, although I rarely use them all. It really depends on if you need it 24/7 or if you are only using it at night. I don't need to use it if I am sitting still during the day, so that saves on battery. I plug in at night and everything charges. If I need to charge all four batteries, I set an alarm clock and change them after four hours, which is about how long they take to charge. The extra batteries should come with an accessory bag which hooks onto the handle right on top of the POC, assuming you are using the wheeled carrier.

If you are flying, rules say you need 150% as much battery as your flight is long. You have to allow for waiting time, etc. My doctor also says I should up the flow by one litre when I fly, and I agree. Two batteries on 2 lpm is good for about 7 hours, as a reference.

I'm very happy with the Evergo. I've been using it about three years.

M

was it easy to use? how may batteries did you need?

have you ever had the airline check your number of batteries before boarding?

We have not used the Evergo, mostly DH has used the Sequal Eclipse. We have never had the airline check batteries, but we have had them check to be sure the POC was on the approved FAA list.

I agree that your airline most likely will not check the number of batteries. They may check that the POC is on the approved list (it is).

You also need a letter from your doctor on his letterhead to the airline saying that you are good to go with the POC, what the settings should be, etc. Your airline will have the exact wording. You carry the letter in case they ask for it. Then keep the letter, cause they are good for a year. Your airline's website will have the wording you need.

You need to notify the airline you will be using the POC so they can add the info to the ticket record. And you must sit in a window seat, that is Federal Law. The reason for this is so that nobody trips over your POC if there is an evacuation, etc.

The cruiseline will probably want you to fill out a special needs form, and perhaps have your doctor sign that, too. And you may need an extension cord for the POC so that you can charge it while you sleep. I ask my room steward when I board, and they always bring me one.

M.

My Evergo has logged several thousand miles with me in the air and I have yet been asked if I have enough batteries with me. Security has taken it aside to wipe it down to check for explosive residue about 90% of the time, however. :rolleyes:

I also got tired of printing off a release for each airline and put the information they wanted on a blank page, then asked my doctor to sign it and have it copied on one of their letterheads by the receptionist. He was happy to accomodate me.

Respironics now has a new unit out the is capable of both constant flow (but only up to 2 lpm) as well as pulse. Both are great units. Enjoy your travels.

Thank you so much for your replies. I just couldn't see myself carrying loads of batteries. I will be using the Sequal Eclipse this trip. I only use oxygen at home when sleeping and my supplier has given me an Inoger One on previous trips. Apparently they no longer use the Inogen which I really liked. I only use it on pulse.

Archived