Hair and make-up

jusilva

I am getting married on Carnival Legend in July! The coordinator said that we have to embark at 10am sharp! I am not sure if I will have my hair and make up done by the port or I will hire someone to do it at home ( it will be Sunday and my house it is a hour way from the port). How does make up look after a few hours???? After all the running around on the ship? Thank you in advance for all the responses and I promise that soon after my wedding I will post some reviews....this forum it is been so helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your makeup is done right it will last all day! :) I like MAC Pro-longwear makeup, it seriously lasts forever... I would also recommend investing in Urban Decay All Night Spray.. It sets your makeup and literally helps to prolong the life of makeup. I am getting my hair done at I believe 7 or 730 in the morning the day of my wedding, we have to be on ship at 10am also. The women that do this for a living understand deadlines and know how long it takes them! :) Call around and ask a few places. I would suggest having someone come to you, it makes it easy.

Don't forget to wear a jacket or button down so you dont have to take your shirt off over your new hair and makeup!

Let me know if you have other questions, I have been in the industry a long time and have seen a lot of brides, not to mention am one myself April 20th!

Courtney

I got married on the Paradise on March 8th out of Tampa. We also had to be at the port between 10:00 and 10:15. We stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point, and so did our wedding party as well as the out of town guests. We hired "Beauty Brought Out". She came to the hotel and did hair and makeup for me, and hair for my two bridesmaids. She arrived at 6:00am and everyone was done and ready to board the shuttle for the ride to the cruise port by 9:15. She charges $75 for hair or make up(airbrush with fake eyelashes). But, she had a minimum of 4 services. You will find that ALL of the Tampa hair and make up people that you want to come to your house or hotel will have a minimum. My review of her (Juliesa sp?) is that she was prompt, had everything she needed, and did an excellent job on my hair and makeup. It lasted all day through the wedding, reception, windy deck and dinner. I got a lot of compliments on both my hair and make up. And, my hair is very fine and very straight and I was surprised that it held up as well as it did.

Karen

Same situation here for my upcoming June wedding. At first I was planning on doing my own hair/makeup, but was worried about it lasting all day. If I do my own hair, it falls flat in an hour. And I figured that makeup gets done at maybe 8am, wedding is at 1pm, and photos are at 5pm... that's a long day to keep it looking perfect. And I definitely want it still looking good for photos. I figure the pros have all the tricks and tools to make it all long lasting.

So, I am having them come to my hotel in the morning to do my hair & makeup and hair for my BM's & flower girls. I'm opting for airbrush makeup, since everything I've seen says it will easily last all day (and maybe even the next day if you don't wash it off).

If you do makeup yourself, I've seen that you should definitely use a primer and setting spray. And a lot of hairspray for your hair. The one advantage of doing it yourself, is that you will have what you need to do touch-ups during the day before photos or whatever, so if it doesn't stay perfect, you can refresh it as needed. When I looked at cost of buying new makeup and stuff (I usually wear very little makeup), the cost kind of balanced out with what it would cost to hire pros. So, you may want to check out both options and just see what would work best for you.

I am not planning to do my own. Once it is my wedding day I would have a professional, but in the Tampa Bay Area is very hard to find someone who does just for one person, nobody else want to have anything done...and a Sunday early morning it is very hard to find someone who want to do.

Thank you to all for the great advices!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums