Anan Bear in Wrangell - Boat or Flight better?

Jacquelyn11

I need info on which company to use on the Anan Bear tour. I'm leaning toward the boat tour, it is about 1/2 the price of the flight tour.

How much viewing time do you get with each tour? The trip times to Anan seem fairly similar to what I've seen.

Anyone done a ships tour? NCL's?

Am I too late for late July to book? :eek:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jacquelyn :D

This is what I've found out. If you want to do the boat tour to Anan you have to book thru NCL. They have contracts with ALL the boat providers that take you up the Stikine river to the Anan Bear Observatory. They also have the permits to allow you to the platforms of the Observatory.

I know some have booked a flight tour for this but the cost is prohibitive as we are already doing the dog sled/helicopter tour, which cost about 2 car payments!! :eek:

Even the Stikine River tour will cost us about $200 each! But, I may not make it back to Alaska for a while, and I can't take $$$ with me when I die! :rolleyes:

I'll just keep eating peanut butter and Spagettio's!

I went on line and booked the Anan Bear Observetory with NCL. It didn't list prices so I don't know how much it is, but I assume it's around what they have for the online price, about $190pp.

I think that has us set on excursions!

• 3 weeks later...
I went on line and booked the Anan Bear Observetory with NCL. It didn't list prices so I don't know how much it is, but I assume it's around what they have for the online price, about $190pp.

I think that has us set on excursions!

I wasn't aware that you could do the bear viewing without a flight. Do you know of anyone that I can book this through independently? We are going on HAL in July. Thanks!! :)

I wasn't aware that you could do the bear viewing without a flight. Do you know of anyone that I can book this through independently? We are going on HAL in July. Thanks!! :)

This boat tour is out of Wrangell, HAL doesn't go there.

Archived