Anyone have a wedding with just the 2 of you?

We leave in 39 days for our alaskan cruise. We are getting married in port. Taking a helicopter to a glacier and getting married on a glacier. Family isn't too thrilled but for us, just the two of us has been the best idea ever. Low key. Relaxed. And stress free. We got in touch with a wedding coordinator from the area, it was cheaper and more flexible than the ships in port package.

Thanks! I am not one for being the center of attention. That and the fact that we wanted a stress free wedding about us. Not one for everyone else. My parents are divorced and it gets awkward fast. We are having a BBQ when we get back for family. We are hiring a photographer for the ceremony and then he is taking us to various places while in port. He will document the whole day and we will do photo books for our parents and grandparents. That way they are still included. Where are you considering? Congrats?!

I got married in port while in St Thomas.We applied for a marriage license in advance ,had a limo pick us up at the ship and take us to the court house to pick up the marriage certificate.We got married on the beach,the limo driver was our witness ,we hired a local photographer.We had our wedding lunch of Philly cheese steaks and Corona! The only stressful part of the day was buying our rings.We bought them that day.Hey you get good deals on gold and diamonds there. I come from a divorced family as well,the best part.....Drama Free!!! Best of luck to both couples?

I got married in port while in St Thomas.We applied for a marriage license in advance ,had a limo pick us up at the ship and take us to the court house to pick up the marriage certificate.We got married on the beach,the limo driver was our witness ,we hired a local photographer.We had our wedding lunch of Philly cheese steaks and Corona! The only stressful part of the day was buying our rings.We bought them that day.Hey you get good deals on gold and diamonds there. I come from a divorced family as well,the best part.....Drama Free!!! Best of luck to both couples?

That is my kind of wedding, relaxed...

I would love to get married on the beach, of course because we live in florida key west during a cruise stop would be easiest, but, we would like to go somewhere else, not sure the "easiest" place not located in the states, I heard Mexico is difficult.

I love how both of you did/doing your weddings... Relaxed and fun comes to mind

We were married in Santorini Greece at the top of the caldera at the Veranda of the church of St. Irene.

It was just the two of us, plus the official, a photographer and a videographer.

It was fantastic!

The story and pictures are on our website under Venice to Istanbul.

When we got back to the ship, some of our friends decorated part of the pool deck for us.

We were married in Santorini Greece at the top of the caldera at the Veranda of the church of St. Irene.

It was just the two of us, plus the official, a photographer and a videographer.

It was fantastic!

The story and pictures are on our website under Venice to Istanbul.

When we got back to the ship, some of our friends decorated part of the pool deck for us.

Your website is amazing, and your wedding was beautiful, what a wonderful way to do it. I look forward to looking at all your adventures.... I love that

• 9 months later...

We will be getting married in St Thomas as well - can I ask where on the Island you were married? We are still working out the details and haven't chosen a spot yet. We have never been to St Thomas, so we are relying on pictures and our wedding planner, so an extra idea/suggestion would be fantastic!