New Member - 2/14/15 Papeete to Buenos Aires

tootsie1069

Hi,

Just registered! Been a lurker for some time. Gathered some very good info. Don't really know much about the cruising experience. Had 1 Transatlantic trip, but that's all. Any advice for this long voyage would be very helpful. Has anyone previously been on this trip? Love to hear your thoughts.

Wow, talk about the road (water?) less travelled! We did the South American side of this trip last year and will do some of the French Polynesia leg later this year; both on the Mariner. I can't help with Easter and Pitcairn Is, but the South American leg I can. Think very carefully about what to pack - snorkelling and fjords are a bit of a contrast. For any specific questions - say about ports or excursions - feel free to contact me at jampac at webone dot com dot au. If we had not already done most of this trip, I'd be sorely tempted to join you - it looks a fascinating adventure.

Hi,

I was on the South American component, Lima to Buenos Aries, of this cruise this year, 2014. Check out my blog, address in my signature, for my comments on the cruise. Really enjoyed the cruise would love to do it again.

Agree with Catpow you will need to pack carefully, Patagonia and the Falklands were very cool / cold, the opposite of the South Pacific.

Will be on the Papeete to Lima leg with you, so looking forward to any advice others post.

Cheers

Hi all, there is a Roll Call open for the Papeete - Lima leg. Look here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090213

We were on the Mariner from Rome to Venice in July, so may be able to answer any questions. There is a very recent thread from very experienced Regent travellers here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109899

See you in Tahiti!

James & Margaret