prices/times for our own tour

familynew2cruise

I have been trying to piece meal price and time information based on other questions but maybe I should just ask..:)

We are sailing on Oasis - there are 9 (5adults, 4 kids) of us. we want to go to Marigot, then Maho then back to Phillispburg/dock. We would like to not spend a ton of money on transportation but also want it reliable. Our thought is water taxi to Phillipsburg from boat

then bus from Phillipsburg to Marigot,

taxi from Marigot to Maho

and maybe bus from Maho to Marigot

we are in port 8am-5pm on a Wed with 3 or 4 other ships in port.

Any thoughts, suggestions, tips would be great. Thank you

\

Just one note if you plan on seeing the Air France A340 landing. The new winter schedule has it arriving at 3:05 now (used to be 1:50), so catching a bus after that and getting back to the port by the 4:30 all aboard might be tight.

We have the same schedule for our day in St. Martin (Dec 17) and as much as I like the idea of saving money by taking the bus, we are going to taxi back to Philipsburg, or directly to the port depending on time, because I want to get back on the ship more than I want to save $40 for the 5 of us.

Just one note if you plan on seeing the Air France A340 landing. The new winter schedule has it arriving at 3:05 now (used to be 1:50), so catching a bus after that and getting back to the port by the 4:30 all aboard might be tight.

We have the same schedule for our day in St. Martin (Dec 17) and as much as I like the idea of saving money by taking the bus, we are going to taxi back to Philipsburg, or directly to the port depending on time, because I want to get back on the ship more than I want to save $40 for the 5 of us.

Thank you - thank you. Where did you find the information for the new flight plans? I agree - I would rather take a taxi back and get to the boat on time. Do you think there will be enough time after that flight to get back to Crown Bay?

Thank you - thank you. Where did you find the information for the new flight plans? I agree - I would rather take a taxi back and get to the boat on time. Do you think there will be enough time after that flight to get back to Crown Bay?

I doubt it. Crown Bay is in St. Thomas :D Our plan is to wait for the Air France flight and hope it is on time or even a little early and then grab a taxi back to the port. That will give us about 90 minutes before the All-Aboard at 4:30. If traffic is not bad and we are in Philipsburg before 4:00, we may just decide to stop there and shop, then walk or take the water taxi back to the ship.

We have never been to Sint Maarten so I am making the assumption that this is sufficient time to get back.

I actually looked at the Air France website in English to find out the details for Dec 17 http://www.airfrance.us/

This website will give you all the arrivals and departures to SXM for yesterday, today, and three days in the future. http://www.flightstats.com/ I've been charting the Wednesday arrivals and departures and I noticed the Air France change starting on Oct 29