Horseback Riding! Opinions Needed!

Pandabear90

Hey all, going to St Maarten in May on RCI's Oasis with GF. I did some research and was thinking possibly horseback riding. I would greatly appreciate done feedback from those who have done it at st Maarten. My gf really wants a ride that takes us not just on trails but also beach riding/ into the water.

I read about Bayside and Lucky Stables, please share your experiences, and recommendations or if you think the experience isn't what im looking for, let me know what's a better option for an excursion!

We did the horseback riding excursion with RCCL last November. My family had a fun time, even my husband who had never been on a horse before.

Though it does say to wear long pants, some in our group wore shorts. I opted for capris since I didn't know you could wear shorts, figured that was the closet to pants and I wouldn't die from the heat. I was prepared for them to tell us we needed long pants but they didn't say anthing.

Bring a camera, no matter what the check in guy at the stable says. There was a spot they stopped at where you can see the ships in port and we didn't bring our camera to get a picture of that view. The trail guide stopped at the spot and offered to take pictures for everyone but we didn't bring the camera. They take pictures of you coming back towards the stables and while you are walking with the horses in the water.

If you can, bring a USB port, they'll down load the pictures onto it for a fee or they'll provide one for you if you choose to buy the pictures. We didn't, we ended up sharing a USB port with another person. Even though the stables say you can download the pictures on the ship, we asked and you can't. I ended taking the USB home, making a copy and sending it to the person we shared horse ride with.