Best Dolphin Encounter?

BluEyesMandy

We've been on a few cruises and my kids (now teenagers) have always wanted to do a dolphin encounter. We will be on the Carnival Freedom the last week of March and our ports of call are Nassau, St. Thomas, Antigua and Tortola. Can anyone recommend a dolphin encounter in any of those ports? I've seen some pretty bad reviews about most of the dolphin encounters and they are kind of expensive, so I just wanted a few opinions before we pay that much. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Please, please don't do a dolphin encounter! These people need to be put out of business. It is criminal to keep these beautiful intelligent creatures in captivity! If you want a real dolphin experience go ocean kayaking in Hawaii.

Please, please don't do a dolphin encounter! These people need to be put out of business. It is criminal to keep these beautiful intelligent creatures in captivity! If you want a real dolphin experience go ocean kayaking in Hawaii.

Ditto.

Antigua doesn't have a dolphin encounter. There was talk of opening one there, and Antiguans objected. In fact, there was discussion about passing a law to prohibit it. I don't know if legislation was enacted, but the dolphin encounter did not open.

Agree.

Watch "The Cove" then decide if you really want to be someone who supports these types of businesses. You can see them in the wild in many locations, not as captive beasts trained to kiss humans, or push them around in a teeny enclosure. FWIW, they will all tell you their dolphins are "rescue animals" who cannot be returned to the wild - BS.