Itinenary for 10 hours with Rental Car in Gran Canaria

Hi

I have rented a car from Cigar for our April port stop,pick up the car at 8am drop off at 6pm .

Is this itinerary doable?

From Las Palmas head to Santa Brigida taking the GC -15 to Vega De San Mateo to Tejeda the the GC-60 to San Bartolome de Tirajan to Maspalomas. Using the GC-500 explore the south beach areas then double back and take the GC 100 to Aguimes, Ingenio and Telde. This would give us the opportunity to see parts of the center, south and east of the Island.

Any thoughts or better route. We are avid photographers and also would love to go to a beautiful beach.

Thanks , Karen

I wouldn't bother going to the south of the island as it is very barren and has very large, concrete, tourist hotels and apartments. I would go northwards out of Las Palmas to Agaete and Puerto de las Nieves. You can drive through the Valle de Agaete which is famed for its lush sub tropical vegetation and the growing of coffee.

You can then make your way up towards Cruz de Tejeda via Arucas and Teror. Sorry, not looking at a map, so may be a bit out. If you are there on a Sunday then there is a street market in Teror.

In Tejeda is a Parador, one of the state run hotels. It has a good restaurant and fantastic views from the terrace.

I would return to Las Palmas via Santa Brigida.