UK Reviews of the Week by Cruise SGB, CaptainMartini, and Able Seaman H

CCHelp

Every Thursday, we'll select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

TUI Discovery Best Cruise Ever by Cruise SGB We alternated between the main 47 degrees and the Gallery 47 Italian restaurant. The food in both was very good and the service excellent. We elected for a table for 2 at every meal and unlike other cruise lines the staff made sure that this happened 100% of the time. In 2 weeks we only had to wait for a table once. The speciality restaurants had great reports from fellow cruisers, but we were put off by the cover charge. When the main restaurants are so good paying that much to go somewhere else made no sense to us. Continue reading...Best Cruise Ever

Viking Sea Verdict on Viking Sea - a Post-Cruise Reflection by CaptainMartini I don’t know what I expected of Viking but it is certainly exclusive. The ship is wonderfully spacious and hardly ever feels crowded; there is always a quiet corner, a place to sit, with people if you want, or without them if you prefer to be left alone, although the bar-staff in the lounges could sometimes do with making themselves a little more visible, in my opinion. The décor throughout is a Scandinavian Rhapsody in Blue and Beige which flows through the ship and this combined with soothing background music in the public areas and on the “View from the Bridge” channel on your TV, creates a tranquillity that feels a little like the waiting-room of an expensive Swiss clinic or a private Nordic Health Spa – and indeed there is one on board, complete with hydro-therapy pool, heated beds, sauna and “Snow Room” – although why I should want one of those, I don’t know. Every ship these days must have its gimmick but it’s all complimentary, so I don’t mind. Continue reading... Verdict on Viking Sea - a Post-Cruise Reflection

Seabourn Encore More private motor yacht than cruise ship; wonderful service throughout. by Able Seaman H Speaking of dining the highlight of any cruise must surely be the food. As well as the main dining room where we ate very well and the Colonnade which ran a series of speciality nights including a very popular Indian night there were 2 new options, the Thomas Keller Grill and Sushi. The TK grill has generated many column inches of debate on Cruise Critic. Having eaten there 5 times during our 34 night cruise I can say that for us it was a total success. The Rib Eye steak is almost too good - how can I ever eat steak again. The prawn cocktail starter featured prawns bigger than my fingers. Continue reading... More private motor yacht than cruise ship; wonderful service throughout.

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could receive some logo stuff before your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review