For someone who lives in Mobile?

bike1964

Which Comfort Suites would you reccomend for 1 night pre-cruise? The one on Springdale Blvd just off I-65 near the mall or the one in Daphne on the other side of the bay off of I-10. They are both the same price, and we are coming from St louis via Hattisburg on Hwy 98. It seems that Daphne is actaully going a little out of the way, but if it's in a nicer neighborhood, I won't mind the extra drive. I just want something close to a restaurant, and not a lot of noise.

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

Which Comfort Suites would you reccomend for 1 night pre-cruise? The one on Springdale Blvd just off I-65 near the mall or the one in Daphne on the other side of the bay off of I-10. They are both the same price, and we are coming from St louis via Hattisburg on Hwy 98. It seems that Daphne is actaully going a little out of the way, but if it's in a nicer neighborhood, I won't mind the extra drive. I just want something close to a restaurant, and not a lot of noise.

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

Go for the one in Daphne. Really nice area and convenient to the interstate. Less than 15 minutes to the port. There is great shopping and quite a few restaurants in Daphne as well. Enjoy the new Bass Pro Shop and a great view of Mobile Bay.

Isn't that actually passed the port of Mobile coming from the direction I will be coming from?:confused: in other words, I would get to the one on springdale before the one in Daphne, Correct? Are there no places to eat by the one on Springdale? Thanks for the reply.

Isn't that actually passed the port of Mobile coming from the direction I will be coming from?:confused: in other words, I would get to the one on springdale before the one in Daphne, Correct? Are there no places to eat by the one on Springdale? Thanks for the reply.

Yes, Daphne is past Mobile by about 10 miles and across Mobile Bay. Springdale would have many places to eat nearby and close to both Springdale and Bel Air Malls. The noise and traffic would be greater at Springdale than Daphne, if that matters to you. The time to the port from either would probably be about the same. Personally, being local, I would choose Daphne. It's quieter and less commercial. Restaurants, shopping and time to the port would be about equal in either location.

Archived