Roll Call ~ Mariner of the Seas, Jan 4, 2009 ~ Sailing down to Rio!

KenC

Hi Ken C. I will not be going all the way to LA but will be on from Port Canaveral to Rio De Janeiro. I am sure there will be a lot of friends of Dorothy, we will just have to get them together.

See you on the ship.

Dale

Hi Dale

this is great news - my partner Phill and I are only on the PC to Rio segment too. Didn't think there would be many friends onboard - but it just goes to show .... if you don't shout no one answers :D Look forward to meeting you - are you travelling solo??

Anyone else coming down to Rio ;)

Ken

Hi Dale

if you're on your own we will just have to have lots of dorothy cocktail parties to keep you entertained (... and us)!!! Hope there are more CC's to join us in the coming months (is it still 4 months off???) - if not, I guess there will be the usual FOD get togethers.

Ken

hey Ken I got some good news yesterday RCL has ask me to stay on the Mariner of the Seas all the way to LA. So it looks like I will be on for the full 47 days. Also it looks like my traveling friend will be going with me, his name is Dwight so one more for our FOD parties.

Dale

hey Ken I got some good news yesterday RCL has ask me to stay on the Mariner of the Seas all the way to LA. So it looks like I will be on for the full 47 days. Also it looks like my traveling friend will be going with me, his name is Dwight so one more for our FOD parties.

Dale

Dale!!!

They asked you to stay on all the way??? What are you double diamond chip platinum???? Here's us just hoping for an upgrade!!! :D

Glad to hear Dwight will be joining us .... then there were four ;)

Hope you're not in Gustav's way???

Cheers

Ken

Ken: To tell the truth I work part time for the cruise line as a Chaplain. So they ask me to stay on for the whole cruise so I could work for them. So now you know my secret. Both Dwight and I are looking forward to meeting you guys.

Dale

Hi Ken: Not a problem, you can ask anything you wish, I am very open. I just hope we can still have some fun and party with other FOD. Looking forward to meeting you.

Dale

Thanks Dale - I hope we all get to party .... and that there are other fods about to play with too!!! Don't have any doubts about your ability to have fun - I have known quite a few C of E ministers and boy can they party!! :D

Look forward to meeting you guyz too.

Ken

Hi KenC,

Thanks for the post. My partner and I will be on this sailing for the 46 days. We made our reservations the first day it went on sale. We sailed her last November and found not to many FOD's. The ship doens't post anything for us. It's up to the CD to do so and some just don't want to do it. We can post on the BB located at the top of the stairs next to the coffee shop. I did and only had 5 family show up. Have you see the long post for this sailing? Lots of great information.

Hi KenC,

Thanks for the post. My partner and I will be on this sailing for the 46 days. We made our reservations the first day it went on sale. We sailed her last November and found not to many FOD's. The ship doens't post anything for us. It's up to the CD to do so and some just don't want to do it. We can post on the BB located at the top of the stairs next to the coffee shop. I did and only had 5 family show up. Have you see the long post for this sailing? Lots of great information.

Hi CrusingJoe

this is great ... we are now up to 6 - enough to plan a little cocktail gathering I think!!! I didn't really expect any response to this post given the ship, date and itinerary ... but there you go I was wrong. I forgot about posting on the board near the coffee shop - we can do that even if there are formal FOD meetings. :D

Yes, I have seen the long. long RCI roll call for this cruise - scary .... they are even having a get together in a hotel before boarding !!! :eek:

How many RCI cruises have you done - you must be double diamond chip like Dale ... hope you don't mind talking to us mere platinums!!! ;)

Cheers

Ken

Hey Ken I just have a few cruises around 350 all together and about 200 with RCL, but I am only Diamond. I don't get points when I work and most of my trips are for work. I think we should set at time on the first day to meet at one of the bar so we can get to knows each others faces. We have done this on other cruises and it has worked well.

After we set sail maybe a meeting at one of the bars around 5pm as a get to know each other, post it on the bulletin board the first day when we get on the ship.

Dale

Hey Ken I just have a few cruises around 350 all together and about 200 with RCL, but I am only Diamond. I don't get points when I work and most of my trips are for work. I think we should set at time on the first day to meet at one of the bar so we can get to knows each others faces. We have done this on other cruises and it has worked well.

After we set sail maybe a meeting at one of the bars around 5pm as a get to know each other, post it on the bulletin board the first day when we get on the ship.

Dale

Hi Dale

that sounds like a plan - but could we make it just before dinner or just after??? .... if we are all on same sitting of course - we're on second!! We always seem to get caught up in the atmosphere around sailaway and have never managed to make a sailaway meet/drink yet!!!

Ken

Hi CrusingJoe

this is great ... we are now up to 6 - enough to plan a little cocktail gathering I think!!! I didn't really expect any response to this post given the ship, date and itinerary ... but there you go I was wrong. I forgot about posting on the board near the coffee shop - we can do that even if there are formal FOD meetings. :D

Yes, I have seen the long. long RCI roll call for this cruise - scary .... they are even having a get together in a hotel before boarding !!! :eek:

How many RCI cruises have you done - you must be double diamond chip like Dale ... hope you don't mind talking to us mere platinums!!! ;)

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken, good weekend? Only 6 family, I'm thinking 10% (300) would be a good number. But as you said the itenerary and the ship. We were on her last November and I thinks we only meet maybe 8 family. Of course cocktails any time. That's what crusing's all about. LOL.

Jim and I have been on 22 RCL were are dimond+, not like Dale.

When are you flying into Florida? I think we might be in Ft Lauderdale a few days before the cruise and than drive up on Sunday.

Hi Ken, good weekend? Only 6 family, I'm thinking 10% (300) would be a good number. But as you said the itenerary and the ship. We were on her last November and I thinks we only meet maybe 8 family. Of course cocktails any time. That's what crusing's all about. LOL.

Jim and I have been on 22 RCL were are dimond+, not like Dale.

When are you flying into Florida? I think we might be in Ft Lauderdale a few days before the cruise and than drive up on Sunday.

Hi Joe(?) - rubbish weekend ..... staff problems at the hotel, Phill sick, and it hasn't stopped raining for days!!!! I so want to be on a cruise!!! :eek:

I'd settle for 1% family on this cruise !!! ;)

We are flying into Orlando the day before the cruise - so will still be jet lagged for the first couple of days :(

Cheers

Ken

Hi Joe(?) - rubbish weekend ..... staff problems at the hotel, Phill sick, and it hasn't stopped raining for days!!!! I so want to be on a cruise!!! :eek:

I'd settle for 1% family on this cruise !!! ;)

We are flying into Orlando the day before the cruise - so will still be jet lagged for the first couple of days :(

Cheers

Ken

Will you be staying at the Parlament House so you can unwind?

Joe

Welcoeme, its nice to see others on this therad. Well just have to post the FOD's meet on the first day and see what will happens.

Dale

Ken: To tell the truth I work part time for the cruise line as a Chaplain. So they ask me to stay on for the whole cruise so I could work for them. So now you know my secret. Both Dwight and I are looking forward to meeting you guys.

Dale

Hi Dale thanks for the welcome. Glad you will be on for 46 days. My partner, Jim of 39 years (we will be celerbrating our 40th on board) was upset on a few of our cruises that there was no Chaplain aboard.

Joe

hi Joe & Jim: Look forward to meeting you, it will be nice to have someone on the whole 46 days. And an early Happy Anniversary, that is so great, my partner and I will have our 15th on Jan 30, but he will not be with me on the cruise, so I will be celebrating all alone. So it will be nice to have a drink with you on your anniversary. And as I said you will have a chaplain on this cruise. So lets keep in touch as we get ready for the cruise. See you in Jan.

Dale

Archived