Booking a hotel in San Juan January 2014

travellerin1984

I am also booked at the comfort in December 26 and 27. Prior to our New Years cruise. I have a loyalty card for quality inns and got a good rate. I'll try to come back and let you know how it is.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you that would be great. Enjoy your New Years cruise. I'd love to do one someday but I will have to wait until I retire. Being a bookkeeper, vacation on 12/31 is a big no no :(

Thank you that would be great. Enjoy your New Years cruise. I'd love to do one someday but I will have to wait until I retire. Being a bookkeeper, vacation on 12/31 is a big no no :(

That's funny. I am an accounting clerk at a University and our year end is at march 31st, is I can't take a cruise in April, lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm cruising from San Juan in April and am having difficulty finding a hotel... everything is over 200 and a lot of them are already sold out for the night before.... might have to consider flying in on the day of, but don't want the stress of dealing with a delay! :eek:

Where are you looking to stay and what type of property? I found lots of availability on April 5th for under $200 base rate.

Best Western Plus Condado Palm - $169 King or Two Queen

Acacia Boutique - $125-$225

Condado Plaza Hilton - $199

Coqui Del Mar - $124-$154

Comfort Inn San Juan - $129.99-$149.99

Villa Herencia - $150-$180

Le Consulat - $120-$130

We stayed at Hotel Plaza De Armas right in the heart of OSJ. It has an elevator and some rooms don't have windows. Either way, the price was excellent, the location was superb (trolly stop right outside the door), and the restaurant on the first floor had a really good breakfast. Walgreens/CVS is across the plaza, as well as a Wendy's and Marshall's. Around the corner, short walk, to Baracchina restaurant for dinner and the flamenco show, then on Sunday morning around the corner, short walk the other way, to the Cathedral for Sunday morning mass. Great stay! :)

Edited by ibcnusoon

You might want to try a home away stay at a condo. Has the convience of a apartment, but can be located in a great spot. Some have reserved spot for a car rental. Have had great luck with this. Also, the same price if not cheaper than just a hotel.

our cruise sets sail on 1/19/14. We are flying in on 1/17 and ran into the same issue with the street festival that weekend and the lack of rooms available. We prefer to stay on OSJ when we come to Puerto Rico but was not willing to spend $300 per room per night!! :eek: We finally settled on Le Consulat in Condado Beach area. Using AARP discount (you don't have to be a senior to join...i'm only 47) we got the rooms for $108 per night. It would have been $96 if I had chosen the pre-pay option but I hate being locked in for a second night if we hate the place. Tripadvisor rates it very highly though so i'm not too worried.

Hotel Casa Blanca is awesome and quirky! We loved it and would have happily stayed there again. If you book the balcony rooms up front you get an awesome view for the nightlife on the weekends. If you like your room to be quiet though....book to the back of the building as the street noise WILL wake you up (I didn't mind though as I just sat on the balcony at 3am watching the party below).

Another good place is Hotel Plaza de Armas (formerly a Howard Johnson). It is also a quirky building but very nice. Their elevator is hilariously funny (literally big enough for one person and their luggage at a time and it's infernally slow). Their balcony rooms are very nice too. Oh yeah, it's one block away from the Coach Outlet ;)

We have also stayed at the Sheraton and while it was indeed nice, I would still choose one of the other two hotels in OSJ over them. The best perk for staying at the Sheraton though is how close it is to the CCL pier and to the CVS.

Edited by Messunderstood

• 1 month later...
You might want to try a home away stay at a condo. Has the convience of a apartment, but can be located in a great spot. Some have reserved spot for a car rental. Have had great luck with this. Also, the same price if not cheaper than just a hotel.

I ended up doing this and found a nice condo right on the beach in Isla Verde. Its saving us about $25, not that its much and we'll end up spending that now that we don't have "free breakfast" but we are 7 people and needed 2 hotel rooms. Since we are coming in at 5am, we had to book a room for Friday night for us to crash until the 2nd room was ready.

The condo owner is letting us in when we arrive early morning and now all 7 of us can be together in one place. We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms a dining room, full kitchen and an awesome view from our balcony.

Love this idea. Now I can't wait for precruise either :D

• 5 months later...