Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin swim after hip surgery

taalman5@sbcglobal.net

I wanted to give my feedback to maybe be of help to someone. I am in my late 40s. I always thought I was in pretty good shape but I do have a very bad back with daily pain and I injured my hip in yoga and tore my labrum. I had surgery 4 months ago to sew the labrum. It is a very long recovery. I am still in PT. I was really worried about Dunn's River but really wanted to try it. I did it last week and wanted to let everyone know it was so much easier than I was concerned it would be.

I wore swim shoes and I was careful and deliberate in my footing. Maybe I got lucky but I never slipped, even slightly. I do have extremely good balance though, but my hip still hurts often just walking, but not at all during or after the Dunn's climb. The chain of people walks very slowly so it never felt overwhelming. I read people were afraid for their lives so I thought maybe it would feel like a cliff but I don't know what they were referring to; it never felt scary and I can be a chicken like that. In fact it was so easy and the time went so fast that I felt I could do it again. I was sad when it was over. I loved it! I was also afraid the water would be super cold. It wasn't. It was not warm but I really never noticed being cold. I also read that you get totally drenched. I was picturing getting water in my face constantly, but this was not the case. I'm super short and although I get wet, I didn't get water in my eyes. Do not miss out. I wouldn't bring a small child to the climb and maybe skip if you limp from pain and don't have good balance. There were stairs to climb instead but people looked very bored on them.

We also did the dolphin swim which was such a beautiful experience. It felt very natural and felt like the dolphins were treated very well. My only complaint was the ridiculous price of pictures. I bought two at $35 each. Only other regret was that we did not have enough time at dolphin cove to see anything else. I would have liked to try the sting rays, sharks or kayaks. The bus from Falmouth was easy. The hour drive went fast. The bus was super comfy with plush seats and great A/C.