Falmouth, Blue Hole? Tubing? River Bumpkin Farm?

jled

I am sailing on the Independence of the Seas in January and I am looking for some input for Falmouth, Jamaica. I have been to Jamaica.. and that area many times. I have been to Dunns River Falls and have no interest in going again. I am looking into the Blue Hole??? I don't want to spend a really long bus ride to get to an excursion...around a half hour is okay. Last January, I MOuntain Biked in River Bumpkin Farm and it was amazing. I would be interested in doing their tubing excursion, but it doesn't show it as available on January 12, Thursday... the date I will be there. I emailed Phil Taylor tours last week and got no response. I have never been to the Blue Hole and it is definitely a fun sounding option. Its just my husband and I .. we are early fifties..active and athletic. I shy away from the rafting..because I am comfortable with a lazy river type tubing..maybe even slight rapids..but nothing more extreme than that...Any suggestions would really be appreciated...thanks

• 4 weeks later...

If you are porting in Falmouth, I believe it is about a hour and a half or so from the Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is amazing! But also involves a lot of climbing (kind of like Dunns River), and jumping off of cliffs into the water. Also rope swing into the water.

We used a great tour guide, Chris Linton from Chris Jamaica Tours. This time he took us river tubing. I was skeptical as well, as I had seen pictures of people tubing with helmets on. Which leads me to believe it is crazy and rough. Ha! Wow! Was I wrong!! The place Chris took us was so, so much fun! Just a lazy, relaxing float down the river!! And so beautiful! You are with a guide. I can't say enough how wonderful it was!

Hope this helps!! Look Chris up- I'm sure he will have other suggestions for you as well.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We docked in Falmouth as well and were a little hesitant about the long drive to the Blue Hole but it was absolutely worth it. Everyone in my group of 10 from age 13-65 thought it was one of the best excursions we've ever been on. The drive didn't seem as long as it was because our driver made it so interesting and included several stops along the way. Our tour included lunch at Scotchies which was delicious. Give Ricardo Riley at libertytoursjamaica.com a call and he will be so accommodating. He replied to us almost immediately. Hope that helps and have fun!

We did a river tubing + blue hole combo tour with Courtney Taylor. Included a stop for lunch at Scotchies. They start with the Blue Hole because it is the furthest from Falmouth, took an hour or maybe a bit more. It's not so much the distance is long, but once you hit the mountain roads, it's a slow ride up.

• 1 month later...
We did a river tubing + blue hole combo tour with Courtney Taylor. Included a stop for lunch at Scotchies. They start with the Blue Hole because it is the furthest from Falmouth, took an hour or maybe a bit more. It's not so much the distance is long, but once you hit the mountain roads, it's a slow ride up.

Hi Redxpanda,

I was looking into doing the blue hole/tubing combo day -- and maybe lunch. Is it too much to do in one day? Will only be in port from 10-7 and I know Blue Hole is a ways from Falmouth.

Thanks to anyone for advice.

Hi Redxpanda,

I was looking into doing the blue hole/tubing combo day -- and maybe lunch. Is it too much to do in one day? Will only be in port from 10-7 and I know Blue Hole is a ways from Falmouth.

Thanks to anyone for advice.

It was pretty go, go, go. But you do get to rest in the van between stops. They did it such that blue hole was first, as it is furthest, then tubing which isn't far from Blue Hole, then lunch about halfway back and a short shopping stop which I could have done without.

Courtney Taylors tour guide aimed to get us back to the port 2 hours before sail away, which does leave a bit of wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty go, go, go. But you do get to rest in the van between stops. They did it such that blue hole was first, as it is furthest, then tubing which isn't far from Blue Hole, then lunch about halfway back and a short shopping stop which I could have done without.

Courtney Taylors tour guide aimed to get us back to the port 2 hours before sail away, which does leave a bit of wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for that information.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
If you are porting in Falmouth, I believe it is about a hour and a half or so from the Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is amazing! But also involves a lot of climbing (kind of like Dunns River), and jumping off of cliffs into the water. Also rope swing into the water.

We used a great tour guide, Chris Linton from Chris Jamaica Tours. This time he took us river tubing. I was skeptical as well, as I had seen pictures of people tubing with helmets on. Which leads me to believe it is crazy and rough. Ha! Wow! Was I wrong!! The place Chris took us was so, so much fun! Just a lazy, relaxing float down the river!! And so beautiful! You are with a guide. I can't say enough how wonderful it was!

Hope this helps!! Look Chris up- I'm sure he will have other suggestions for you as well.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering Blue Hole as well. I'm disappointed that these companies don't list any pricing on their website. Does anyone have research/fees for this excursion from someone reputable?