shore excursions May 29 Journey

CruiseChick00

We are on this sailing and as of this morning, there are still no excursions offered for Isles of Scilly. I think this is odd since the sailing is barely over 2 months away. Is this typical for Azamara to wait so long to post excursions? The other ports are posted. TIA.....Nancy

We are on this sailing and as of this morning, there are still no excursions offered for Isles of Scilly. I think this is odd since the sailing is barely over 2 months away. Is this typical for Azamara to wait so long to post excursions? The other ports are posted. TIA.....Nancy

The May 6th itinerary does not have any excursions for Isle of Scilly either. I'm wondering if everyone is just expected to be on their own here. All other excursions have been up for a month or so now.

Maybe, but you would think they would just say that.

Nancy

Hello CruiseChick and GACruiser -

I'm sorry for the uncertainty about the tour situation during the call at the Isles of Scilly, UK. I'm waiting for a response from our shore excursion planner for an explanation.

By the way, this same question has been asked on another thread - "Inconsistent Information." http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1582434.

I'll let you know when I have that information.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...
Bill, any word on the Isles of Scilly excursions?

Nancy

I'm sorry for my delayed response and appreciate your patience.

I'm pleased to share with you and others our arrangements for our other guests to visit the Isles of Scilly in Cornwall during our calls there: Wednesday, May 9 and Thursday, May 31:

Rather than offering our own tours which would require you to pre-book online, we're arranging for you to take advantage of optional local tours which will be offered by the shore excursion team when you're onboard. You'll have the opportunity to visit both islands if you're so inclined.

1. We'll arrange for the local tender to take you over to Hugh Town on the island of St. Mary where you'll find the main shopping area along with several breaches and the fortress, called Star Castle, which is now used as a hotel.

2. Also, Azamara tenders will transport you to the island of Tresco and the famous sub-tropical and glorious Abbey Garden.

I wanted to provide you with the specific times and costs for these tours but I've learned that they'll be provided once you're onboard by the shore excursion team.

Our best wishes for a delightful Azamara vacation!

Best Regards.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks, Bill, for the update on excursions for the Isles of Scilly. Just checking whether those options will also be available for the May 6 cruise. We are hoping to get to Tresco.

Sorry for the duplication. It didn't look as though the post had gone through.

Thanks, Bill, for the update on excursions for the Isles of Scilly. Just checking whether those options will also be available for the May 6 cruise. We are hoping to get to Tresco.

Sorry for the duplication. It didn't look as though the post had gone through.

Hello Robert & Marcy -

I'm pleased to reconfirm that the information on this thread about the tours that will be offered to experience the ISLES OF SCILLY will be offered on BOTH the May 6 and May 20 Azamara Journey voyages: Wednesday, May 9 and Thursday, May 31 respectively. No problem with your duplication!

Again, best wishes for a Happy Sailing!

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for my delayed response and appreciate your patience.

I'm pleased to share with you and others our arrangements for our other guests to visit the Isles of Scilly in Cornwall during our calls there: Wednesday, May 9 and Thursday, May 31:

Rather than offering our own tours which would require you to pre-book online, we're arranging for you to take advantage of optional local tours which will be offered by the shore excursion team when you're onboard. You'll have the opportunity to visit both islands if you're so inclined.

1. We'll arrange for the local tender to take you over to Hugh Town on the island of St. Mary where you'll find the main shopping area along with several breaches and the fortress, called Star Castle, which is now used as a hotel.

2. Also, Azamara tenders will transport you to the island of Tresco and the famous sub-tropical and glorious Abbey Garden.

I wanted to provide you with the specific times and costs for these tours but I've learned that they'll be provided once you're onboard by the shore excursion team.

Our best wishes for a delightful Azamara vacation!

Best Regards.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear Bill,

Will I be able to use on board credit to pay for these optional local tours offered by the shore excursion team?

Thanks,

Mary Beth

Dear Bill,

Will I be able to use on board credit to pay for these optional local tours offered by the shore excursion team?

Thanks,

Mary Beth

Hello Mary Beth and others asking about the Isles of Scilly tours -

I offer my sincerest apologies to you, Mary Beth, for how long it has taken me to respond to your question from Wednesday, May 2. It's 9 AM (California) and you're about to embark from Rouen at 6 PM (CEST) for your 11-night voyage. I'm sorry for dropping the ball and not posting sooner the detailed information which I received on Friday.

You might have already learned, that your OBC cannot be used for any of the tours that you might decide to take in the Isles of Scilly. Actually, you will be purchasing these tours when you're ashore directly from a local operator with whom we have no insurance arrangements and are not involved. We decided since local tours are so easily available on the pier, our guests would receive a more competitive tour cost rather than offering one of our own tour.

The plan for May 9 and May 31:

 We offer local tender service to Hugh Town on the island of St. Mary's where there is also quite a bit to do/see. Guest interact with anything they want to do locally once they get ashore.

 We use our own tenders over to the Island of Tresco, home of the famous Abbey Gardens.

Once on Tresco, guests can visit the island and/or the garden on their own.

There is entrance fee to the gardens of around UKL12 pp and guests pay direct at the ticket booth.

 This also allows guests to visit both islands if they so wish.

Sorry for the delay but I think I've made it to wish you a "Bon Voyage!"

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived