PNG Visa for Australians

Kerwick

Have posted this on Scrapnanna's blog as well. Note to all Australians on the Queen Elizabeth, an article in the Brisbane papers today regarding visas for Australians entering PNG. As of 1st March 2014 all Australians entering PNG require a visa before arriving. Visa will not be granted on arrival. Went to the Govt smart traveller web site and this was confirmed have attached the statement "Australians require a visa to enter PNG. From 1 March 2014, Australians visiting PNG will no longer be able to apply for a visa on arrival. We recommend that Australians planning to travel to PNG after 1 March 2014 contact the nearest High Commission, Embassy or Consulate of Papua New Guinea to obtain a visa before travelling to PNG". I don't know how this applies to Australians on the ship when we arrive in Rabaul. As far as I was aware we were to get our visas on the ship. The visa change happened on 20th Feb as per info on Smart Traveller.

regards Kerin

Just found this item on the web quoted in a newspaper "Visiting PNG on cruise ships, including flying in to join a cruise ship to catch a flight out of PNG, will not be affected by this ban because they are granted visas electronically without the need for prior application". Hope this is true, so all should be ok.

regards Kerin.

Just found this item on the web quoted in a newspaper "Visiting PNG on cruise ships, including flying in to join a cruise ship to catch a flight out of PNG, will not be affected by this ban because they are granted visas electronically without the need for prior application". Hope this is true, so all should be ok.

regards Kerin.

Hi Kerin,

That's what Cunard told me some weeks ago when I enquired whether the ship would be organising PNG visas.

No problems.

Cheers