Question on cruising while pregnant

jst4fun715

I have a niece that is pregnant and she and her DH would like to take a cruise (their first) before the baby arrives. What is the rule about how many weeks along a woman can be before they will not let her cruise? I was thinking something like 27 weeks, but don't know for sure. Thanks!

My wife is pregnant also and we just returned from a fantastic cruise on the Mariner.

From the website.

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy.

My wife and I went on Celebrity when she was pregnant with our daughter. The rule is you can travel anytime prior to the start of your third trimester, with a letter from your doctor that you are fit to cruise. Our TA supplied this letter to Celebrity a couple of weeks prior to our trip.

My wife and I went on Celebrity when she was pregnant with our daughter. The rule is you can travel anytime prior to the start of your third trimester, with a letter from your doctor that you are fit to cruise. Our TA supplied this letter to Celebrity a couple of weeks prior to our trip.

Not sure when you sailed but RCCL changed their rules a couple of months ago to the 24th week where before I think it was 26 or 27th.

Archived