Solo with My Time Dining on RCCI - how does it work?

Stanza

Im travelling solo on the 25 Sept 12 Rhapsody OTS sailing from Hawaii to Sydney. Im currently listed for my time dining, and am wondering how it works for solos. Do we get added to big tables, so we can meet people or are we put on small tables by ourselves?

Also, can someone help with advice about timing my dinner booking... what times are the nightly shows? if I book for 8pm, will that mean I miss both shows? What would be a good time to book for (and yes I know I can change it from day to day but figure getting the basic time right will save me rebooking everything once on board)

What would be a good time to book for (and yes I know I can change it from day to day but figure getting the basic time right will save me rebooking everything once on board)

I find that 515pm or 530pm works really well.

Of course, I am a hardwired morning person. Eating dinner at 8pm would suck.

I'm thinking if you want to eat with others -- maybe join late seating and ask for a large table of 8 to 10.

I think during my time most the tables are set up in smaller groups. But I have not done mtd yet.

Happy cruising,

Luraa

I've done MTD solo and when you go to the dining room to be seated they will ask if you want a large table or to sit by yourself...I generally prefer to sit by myself but last cruise I was sailing with a friend & we joined another table... even if you choose to sit alone...the tables for 2 are so close together that people often talk back & forth..so you have a chance for conversation...but are not obligated to make small talk if you choose not to...

I have never made a reservation when doing MTD...and have found the wait to be very minimal...

I agree with those who say that you can just show up and you'll be seated with other people.

As for what times the shows are, you'll have to check the daily bulletin. The last time I sailed with Royal (March of 2011), sometimes the shows were at 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM, and other times, they were at 8:30 PM and 10:30 PM. I have been on some cruises where on some nights, there was just one show, but I don't remember if that happened on Royal.

Thanks for your responses everyone...

I cant see myself eating early as Im a definite night owl, but appreciate it works for some.

I think I will try joining larger tables, as it is always nice to have someone to talk to over dinner.

Archived