Blue Water.... Beach advice please

Ajkcruiser

As I age.... Mind leaving me fast.... I went to a beach that without offense to the

locals.....was a waste of my time.....it it located between two mountains .... There is ONE little shack which I assume sales drinks ........ Didn't see any lounges or umbrellas..... Maybe because the tide was low the water was VERY SHALLOW to swim you have to walk very far from the sand ..... Kind of nervous

with a little girl that has no fear....

I think I paid 12 bucks to get there .....and about 20 minute drive up in the hills

Is there any other beach within the same distance to the port with chair rentals ....calm waters and local food vendors???

Advice appreciated. Thanks

AJ

As I age.... Mind leaving me fast.... I went to a beach that without offense to the

locals.....was a waste of my time.....it it located between two mountains .... There is ONE little shack which I assume sales drinks ........ Didn't see any lounges or umbrellas..... Maybe because the tide was low the water was VERY SHALLOW to swim you have to walk very far from the sand ..... Kind of nervous

with a little girl that has no fear....

I think I paid 12 bucks to get there .....and about 20 minute drive up in the hills

Is there any other beach within the same distance to the port with chair rentals ....calm waters and local food vendors???

Advice appreciated. Thanks

AJ

Hi AJ,

I'm guessing you were at Brewers Bay which has a beach bar called Nicole's and a campground. For more choices you want to go to Cane Garden Bay where most cruisers will be. Same distance and taxi fare as Brewers. There are 6 beach bars/restaurants, and chair and other rentals are available. A much busier vibe but you'll find much more there. If you just hop a safari taxi at the dock that's taking folks to CGB the fare is $8pp each way. If you go on your own the price is higher.

Myett's and Tony's both have great food.

• 5 months later...

For snorkeling you'll want to go to Brewers, not that good at CGB. Nicole's does rent chairs and snorkel gear, and has food and drink. We haven't snorkeled there yet but if you search this forum there are reports from folks who have and where the best snorkeling is. There are also reports on tripadvisor.

CGB has several beach bars and water rentals and a much busier vibe than Brewers.

Smuggler's Cove is another snorkeling beach and even nicer but has no amenities other than a portapotty and is more secluded.

So Brewers is probably the best choice!

• 5 weeks later...