Gijon with RCi, be prepared for chaos!

Leeso

Visited Gijon today on RCI navigator of the seas. Just proved how inadequate the facilities are here for ships of any size. We stood in line for an hour trying to get off the ship waiting for the compulsory shuttle buses which were painfully slow to fill. (Shuttle buses are the only option to get off the dock unless you're on a tour)

We then stood in line for 40 mins at the bus stop in town to come back to the ship, to be greeted by another 50 min wait on the dockside waiting to pass through securing to board the ship. No facilities except for 1 portacabin loo. No staff offering refreshments to the hoards waiting in line. No hint of an apology from the ship. Disgraceful shambles.

Beware all visiting on large ships, let's hope your cruise line do better than royal Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking, and such a shame as it's a nice town with great eateries. The local authorities need a few letters of complaint from you guys. You can do it online. They'll soon put it right as cruiser revenue is very important to them. Luckily, you don't have that problem when you arrive in La Coruña, the next scheduled port along that coast. Here the cruise ship pier is right alongside the town, just a few yards from María Pita, the lovely main square with all its great seafood bars (I have my faves). La Coruña is a nice place to live, but then again I would say that, lol. :-)

• 1 month later...