Uniworld - During The Floods

annual cruiser 63

We were on the Uniworld 14 day May 28 river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. Like all of the other river cruises during that period, we experienced poor communications, long bus rides, two days in a hotel that was available in Nuremberg and nights on three separate Uniworld ships.

Different than what I have read on this site with respect to other river cruise lines, while disappointed and often annoyed, the passengers generally rallied in support of the poor guy orchestrating our day to day 'everything' and without a discussion, seemed to collectively determine to have the best possible vacation given both the lack of communications and what could best be described as 'Acts of God'.

Different than what I have read on this site with respect to other cruise lines, Uniworld's refund decisions were ultimately very fair based upon what was promised versus what was delivered.

No, it was not the best vacation of our lifetime, however, I think Uniworld has stepped up appropriately and we will certainly give them a second try.

Thanks for your candid comments. We are getting ready to take our first Uniworld cruise and I am glad to hear that you were at least satisfied with what they did under the difficult circumstances at the time. I had read other comments that also made me feel good about their reaction to the adverse conditions. I'm looking forward to my cruise in less than 4 weeks!

Archived