Carnival Airport Transfer with Rainforest

jmwg49

When we disembark in SJ, our flight is not until 5 pm. Has anyone had any experience with Carnival airport transfer that includes a ride thru the rainforest? it is about $55 pp and wonder if it is worth it, or if it is just that, "a ride through". I would like to think we could actually experience a bit of the rainforest (i.e., get out of the van!). Any help or opinion is welcome!

We just did this last Sunday. It was ok. It's about an hour out to the Rainforest and when we got there everyone got out of the van at the visitors center and there was a short trail to hike with signs that described the flora and fauna. The next stop was at a waterfall where everyone got out and we were given a chance to climb some rocks to the waterfall but it was very, very crowded. The 3rd stop was at a bridge above a river where a lot of families were swimming and picnicking. Then on the way back to the airport they stopped at a souvenir store.

My major complaint with this excursion is that there were people on our bus with early flight times so everyone was dropped off at the airport at about 1:30even though a lot of us had later flight times. We weren't leaving til 6:10 so we had a long wait at the airport and there is absolutely nothing to do there. It would've been nice if people with early flight times could've been dropped off and people with later times could have been dropped off later.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this excursion but it was a Princess ship and it was about 5 years ago. WE spent about 2 hours at the rain forest and then got to the airport I'd say around 2-3. My biggest complaint was that our luggage, that was transferred directly to the airport instead of having to lug it with us, was just laying out on the sidewalk at the airport. I felt like anyone could have gone up and take our suitcases and no one would have said a word.

I did this excursion but it was a Princess ship and it was about 5 years ago. WE spent about 2 hours at the rain forest and then got to the airport I'd say around 2-3. My biggest complaint was that our luggage, that was transferred directly to the airport instead of having to lug it with us, was just laying out on the sidewalk at the airport. I felt like anyone could have gone up and take our suitcases and no one would have said a word.

Oh my gosh, we had the same thing happen with our luggage. It was in a huge heap and nobody checked to see who we were when we grabbed our bags. I don't think anyone was even in charge of watching the bags. Anyone could've taken those bags. Made me wonder how long they sat outside the airport!