Best Plave to Hang Out on Medano Beach in Cabo?

MissMouthy

After much back and forth, we've finally decided we are going to simply spend our Cabo time hanging out on the beach! We are planning to do a water taxi tour to sightsee along the way.

Here's my question- where should we have our water taxi drop us off? We would like to be able to eat and drink, play in the water and maybe snorkel off the beach a bit. Is there a hotel or restaurant you'd recommend? It will be my husband and I, and our two girls, ages 8 and 10, and maybe some others from our traveling group.

Thanks so much for your advice!

The family friendly restaurants on Medano Beach are Moxitos, The Sand Bar and Tabasco Beach. Tabasco has been rebuilt after the hurricane so it's all new, but it has a steep staircase to get up to the restaurant from the beach because they lost a lot of sand.

have the water taxi drop you off at Tobasco, start walking left towards the activity. Choose a place to Beach Chair it as you get closer to the crowded area.

No Snorkel, very little swim (water is not swim friendly... Cabo is in the middle of a deep Deep DEEP sea abyss... even close to shore is not swim friendly... some folks wade in a bit... most all swimming and snorkel is done by boat tour... and is not great for your age girls).

Better econo beach day for young kids would be stone island at Mazatlan ($), or El Cid Mazatlan ($$)

Darn it! My little one is afraid of swimming from a boat. Are there any beaches from which we can snorkel?

Normally, I would say go to Lover's Beach, but everything has changed since the hurricane, there is less beach everywhere. I have seen young children in the water in front of Moxitos and The Sand Bar prior to the hurricane, just not sure what the conditions are now. I was supposed to be there on Wednesday, but when the private cab was 30 minutes late picking us up, our plans changed.:mad:

I'll be there Monday.:D

Let me know what you think on Monday!!

It will be a few days after Monday, but I will keep you posted.:p

My cupboard is bare thanks to Hurricane Odile. I'll be doing the Wal Mart, Costco thing the first couple of days. I am fortunate to have a great neighbor who cleaned out my fridge and freezer when there was no electricity so I won't have to deal with that when I show up.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally made it to the beach, and it has shrunk considerably. I don't swim so I don't know what the drop off is, but I'd be willing to bet the water gets very deep very quickly.

MissMouthy I noticed you are coming in February. The water temp may be a little chilly by then, although, we are having a warmer than usual December at present.