HELP... Need Suggestions

shortstop95

Well we've been planning this cruise with a visit to Honduras for months. Without blinking decided to zip-line here and made the reservation with Victor Bodden. Now with the tragedy and operations on hold.. my wife has gotten really cold feet and doesn't want to do it. So if we don't zip-line.. what's the "must do" in Roatan?

We were in Roatan last week. My younger kids and I visited Coral Cay - they have a beach, a turtle and shark reserve, and there was a big shrimpfest included in our excursion. We took the tour to pet the sharks and turtles and spent some time on the beach, which was very well kept and not crowded at all. My daugther had braids put in her hair for $15. My kids loved the beach so much that I never got a chance to get some of the food, but I heard from other passengers that it was delicious. So, not a thrilling excursion, but a very enjoyable and relaxing one.

From a safety perspective, now is probably a good time to do a zipline, if you're still interested. I'm sure there will be heightened precautions from the operators of the remaining lines on the island. I can see the appeal of a zipline - each person has to make their own choice about what is OK for them.

I was going to do the zip line (04/20/08) also but now I am planning either to snorkel or horse back riding instead.

If you want to horseback ride, contact Phillip at Keifitos Plantation. We had a wonderful ride with him and it was very reasonable.

In the same boat here..... (not literally...);)

Will be on the CCL- Glory on 5/3/08 and was going to do Ziplining, however my DD 14 has been reading about the tragedy and now is terrified to even try.:eek: DH and self don't want to force her to do something... so we are looking at the Coral Cay snorkeling.. we've been hearing that you "must" snorkel.. so I think we will do the snorkeling excursion now....

After reading numerous sites regarding best places to snorkel... It looks like the whole place has amazing areas to snorkel.

Good Luck, and enjoy your cruise!!

We'd suggest sticking with your Bodden guide (Albert rocked!). We had a vague idea for the day and he kindly suggested places we would never have known about. He was VERY flexible and wanted to make the day the best for our interests. After zipping and monkeys, he took us to Half Moon for lunch (yum) and snorkeling there since we didn't want to go out on a boat (but he was willing to fix us up with a boat guide to snorkel if that's what we wanted!) At the end of the long day we relaxed at West End beach. It was the best day of our trip!

We would zip again today at Jungle Canopy and we are not daredevils nor ill informed. If fuzzy pictures would help you decide, let me know.

Archived