Shuttle from New Orleans Airport to ship?

PinkysMom

Is there a shuttle from the airport to the ship? If not - about how much is the taxi ride? If so, how often does it run?

If I remember a taxi is a flat rate of $33 (for 1-2 people). If you have more than 3 people it is $13 per person.

I don't remember a shuttle, but most airports have a shared shuttle program that you can use for a per person charge.

Carnival always offers a shuttle service but for what you are paying you are better off grabbing a cab. Carnival charges $23 each way per person.

Cab is cheaper (as someone stated $13 pp - with a $33 minimum). You will get to the port quicker and be able to off load your luggage quicker. With Carnival you have to wait until the shuttle l is full before you can leave and then you have to fight the masses to get off the ship and find your luggage so you can check it.

I always take a taxi to the pier in New Orleans, rather than the shuttle or the cruise line transportion. I don't like waiting until the bus or shuttle is full before leaving the airport. With the shuttle, you could be with other people who are going to a hotel, and they will drop them off first. I was in New Orleans in May and the taxi from airport to Holiday Inn French Quarter where I always stay before leaving on a cruise (or any time I'm down there!) was $25 for 2 people not including tax. The taxi from hotel to pier was $14 plus tip (around $7 per person).

Archived