Raddison In Mobile

cpacheco212121

I am currently at the Radisson in Mobile, not for cruising but for a conference. I had read awful things about the staff on Trip Advisor but everyone I have dealt with has been wonderful.

The hotel is older 1940's and the rooms are a little eclectic. My room is large but has a lot of furniture in it: a large marble-topped desk and office chair, two other chairs (a wing back and what looks like a dining room chair), a reading table, a huge red leather three-seater couch, a king-sized bed (sleep number bed- very comfortable) with two bedside tables, a fridge, and a large marble-topped dresser! Surprisingly, there is still a lot of floor space! There are two windows and the room is bright (there are also 4 lamps and an overhead light/ceiling fan). The room is C-shaped, so there is a little entrance way, then the large room I have described, then another little "hallway" that contains the closet and has a small table and place to sit, with a mirror, coffee maker, hair dryer, at the entrance to the (small bathroom). The water pressure is good though the pipes do make some noise. There is a little wear and tear on the rug, ceiling but it is very clean.

I haven't eaten in the hotel, though it is a short walk to many nice restaurants. There are some homeless people about but you will find that anywhere in downtown Mobile (the conference is at the Renasissance so I have been walking back and forth between the hotels).

There is also an outdoor pool but I haven't used it.

I would definitely stay here again, especially since it is about half the price of the other hotels in town. You would be close enough to walk to the port if you didn't have a lot of luggage.

Cheers,

thanks for the info, i hope all goes well when i get there. I was told that the distance from the port and hotel is short but you have to go over a highway, is that true?

No, you go UNDER I-10. There is an offramp right at the terminal that goes down to Water St. and into the I-10 tunnels. It doesn't have any bearing on getting to the terminal from the Radisson. Very easy to navigate. You do know that the Rad has a shuttle that will take you to the terminal and pick you up? I think you will be happy with the Radisson. It's a very nice hotel, as hotels go. The staff can be hit or miss at any hotel on any given day. As long as they are not "in your face surly" I can overlook someone having a bad day. :)

Archived