Loterie Farm fly zone extreme ?

JHA65

We were at Loterie Farm today and did the zip line. There is much more than just "zipping" involved. A lot of stamina is required for just the basic course. It is much like being in the military with trying to walk an obstacle course 20 ft. in the air with a line attached. You should be in good shape for even the basic course.

We were at Loterie Farm today and did the zip line. There is much more than just "zipping" involved. A lot of stamina is required for just the basic course. It is much like being in the military with trying to walk an obstacle course 20 ft. in the air with a line attached. You should be in good shape for even the basic course.

Hey Spurs Fan....did you book through the cruise line or go on your own? Also, was the "extreme" version much different? My understanding was that it was higher and had more "zipping" rather than the "obstacle course" type stuff. What was the cost? Thanks for any info.

We were not on St. Martin on a cruise, but spent a week above Orient Beach.

We just drove over to Loterie Farm around 9:30 and there was no wait at all. I can not answer your question about the extreme having more zipping. I did see some of the wires and they were higher up.

My husband and I did the extreme while vacationing in St Martin. It was awesome. The extreme course is waaaaayyyyyy up the mountain. You ride a truck up to start the course. The zips are really high and long. I loved it. It is Kind of scary but scary in a good way. You can book it on your own and take a cab to the farm. They offer it 3 times a day. Our Zipline guide told us that you cannot book it through the ship because it requires the participants to be in really good physical health which of course cannot be determined when booking through the ship.

My husband and I did the extreme while vacationing in St Martin. It was awesome. The extreme course is waaaaayyyyyy up the mountain. You ride a truck up to start the course. The zips are really high and long. I loved it. It is Kind of scary but scary in a good way. You can book it on your own and take a cab to the farm. They offer it 3 times a day. Our Zipline guide told us that you cannot book it through the ship because it requires the participants to be in really good physical health which of course cannot be determined when booking through the ship.

Do you think my 14yr old son which is in good shape and about 6ft tall could do the extreme course?

JHA

• 2 weeks later...

For all interested, here is the reply to a couple of e-mails sent directly to Loterie Farms. You can go to their website at www.loteriefarm.net and get additional information or e-mail them direct at info@loteriefarm.net . I was a little disappointed they do not allow ANY kids under 18 to do the extreme version. Seems a bit strict and that may cause us not to go at all. Anyway, that seems to be their policy.

Hello Tom,

The age limit for the Fly Zone Extreme is 18 years old and we cannot make any exceptions. The time that the cruise ship groups arrive varies and sometimes they arrive before we are officially open. You can try to beat the groups but there is a chance that you have to wait until the group is finished.

Regards,

Pierre #yiv204220630 {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;}

On Sun 02/08/09 21:05 , Tom Mueller muellertjm@yahoo.com sent:

Thank you for your quick reply. Since you do not allow kids on the extreme zip line, what is your age cut off for that (any exceptions to this policy??)? Also, what time do the cruise ship passengers start to arrive? You recommend coming in the afternoon to avoid the cruise passenger rush, however, would we beat them there if we came around 9:00am? Thank again for the info!

--- On
Fri, 7/31/09, Loterie Farm
wrote:

Subject: Re: Loterie Farm Saint Martin, Eco preserve: activities

To: "Tom Mueller"

Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 5:22 PM

Dear Tom,

Loterie Farm is a private nature reserve of 154 acres with a

beautiful secondary humid forest. Here we have our award winning,

"Hidden Forest Cafe" which serves lunch 12pm to 3pm and dinner 6:30pm

to 9:30pm Tuesday to Saturday. Sundays for an extended lunch from 12pm

to 6pm. We also have our new venue, "Tree Lounge" which is open from

12pm to late evening for tapas and drinks. Apart from our restaurants

we also have several hiking trails on our property. You can either

take the self guided tour which costs Eur 5.00 per person. We also have

a guide available here if you would prefer to have a guided tour. For

the guided tour, we require a minimum party of 6 persons and the fee

is Eur 25.00 per person. Also, we recommend making prior arrangements

for this so we have a guide here for you. We also have our, "Fly

Zone" which is our treetop canopy tour for those of you who need an

adrenaline kick as well as a good workout. The Fly Zone cost Eur 35.00

per person and no reservation is possible for this activity, basically

it's a first come, first serve basis. We recommend people to come

either in the afternoon or in the weekend as we often have large

groups from the cruise ships in the morning. The Fly Zone usually takes

about 45-60 minutes to complete. Since December 2007 we also offer Fly

Zone Extreme which is our new elite zip line. This zip line is not for

the weak hearted and if you require an adrenaline shot, this one is

for you. For the Fly Zone Extreme, you can just walkup here and we

will sign you up and transport you up the mountain of Pic Paradis. The

price for the Fly Zone Extreme is Eur 55.00 per person. We do not offer

any type of transportation and we recommend either taking a taxi or

renting a car. We are located about 30-40 minutes from Philipsburg if

you travel via car. If you ask your car rental company, they will

provide you with a map and they will also be able to give you the best

directions to Loterie Farm.

We accept Visa, MasterCard credit cards.

Some people get the impression that the regular Fly Zone is

easy or strictly for kids. This is not the case. Our, extreme

Fly Zone really is extreme and is not for kids at all. The Fly Zone

Extreme usually departs at about 10am, 12, 2pm and it usually takes

about 1:30 to 2 hours to complete the course.

Normally in the weekends we have fewer visitors which mean less

likelihood of waiting. We are closed every Monday.

Best days to visit are Saturday and Sundays as we do not have any

groups from the cruise ships in those days.

Currently our exchange rate is Euro 1 = USD 1.39 and we follow the

international exchange rates which changes daily.

We do not have an age restriction though for the Fly Zone we do have

a height restriction. Participants have to be taller than 54 inches

(1.30m) and weight less than 250 pounds (115 kg). We do not allow

children to do the Fly Zone Extreme. It is called extreme for a reason

and it is quite hard and also more dangerous. We recommend wearing

sport shoes or sneakers. You can not wear sandals or flip-flops.

We do not price per age but for activity and we do not offer group

discounts.

If you need any additional info, just let me know.

All the best

Pierre Lenoci

Operations Manager

On Thu 30/07/09 22:52 , Tom Mueller
sent:

This is an enquiry e-mail via

Tom Mueller <
>

What is the difference between the regular and "extreme" zip line? Are there all the rope bridges and other obstacles on the extreme zips? How many zips are there on the extreme course? What is the cost in US dollars of the extreme course? What time would we need to get there to avoid all the cruise passengers? Thanks!

• 5 years later...

We were there last week. My husband did the extreme and I did the regular one. In "comparing notes" so to speak, it seems that the regular Fly Zone had more varied obstacles, shorter zips, and not as many zips. The extreme had some of the same obstacles (like walking on a wire while holding to two other wires) but they were much longer. The regular Fly Zone actually had some more difficult obstacles (like walking on a wire while holding to only one wire directly above the other at about chest level.) The extreme one had 13 zips total and some were very long. My husband LOVED it! I am 46 yrs old, 5'3" and 180lbs. I did the whole obstacle course, although another lady who looked to be in a lot better shape than me complained the whole time about how hard it was and quit about 2/3rds of the way through. The only real problem I had was that it was HOT and I really wished I had brought a bottle of water with me. I was seriously dehydrated by the time I finished. You definitely need both hands free to do the course, so to bring water you would need some other way to carry it. The have water, and punch waiting when you finish, but they really need to have a water station 1/2 way through.

One other thing to note, when we have done zip lines before, in Puerto Rico and other cruise destinations, there have been many guides with each group, and the guides took the responsibility of hooking and unhooking your safety lines and the pulley that you zip on. Here there was one guide with our group of 8-10, and two guides with my husbands group of 30. You were completely responsible for hooking and unhooking your safeties and pulleys at each transition. Once the guides show you how to do it at the beginning you are on your own. It was a pretty simple concept, and easy to do, just a little "scary" not having someone with more experience there to supervise and make sure you did it properly. That and the fact that I don't like really long zips is why I chose not to do the extreme version.