RCCL Allure of the Seas 2016 Same-Sex Wedding

So I have been scraping everywhere on here for hints, tips and things to expect on that magical day but I decided to start my own thread due to the nature of our wedding and maybe being of help in the future to upcoming grooms/brides. I am one of the two grooms in our same-sex marriage on Allure of the Seas. Not that this has anything to do with the wedding itself, because the day is the same to us as it is to any other heterosexual couple but there are some things that will need to be tweaked due to the situation. The bouquet comes to mind HAHA.

We also really wanted to do it in St. Martin but since it would not be legal we had to choose to do it day of departure in Florida. We're doing the Paradise Shipboard option for the ceremony. We have our first meeting with the Wedding Planner tomorrow (06/22/15). I can not wait to start this process and get our day all together to start our lives together. So excited to share with our family and friends as well. I'm just trying to figure out the options to customize our ceremony and also getting an hour or two for a reception so that those that are coming in from out of town don't feel they came in for a 30 minute ceremony and then their off the boat and we're gone.

Any help or advice or just general clues on how to remain calm and not freak out would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully, if there are anymore same sex marriages on Royal Caribbean that have questions they can reference this thread and know what i went through. So far so good and so excited!

P.S. Wedding date is the sail away date of 02/14. Valentines Day! Cliche? haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi man,

Congrats on the wedding. My husband and I had our same sex wedding on the Carnival Splendor in September of 2015 and we certainly learned a lot about the process.

We had about 20 of our closest family and friends fly to New York with us and spend 3 days in the city prior to the Wedding because once we were done 8 of the group would be heading to the airport flying home. The other 12 went with us on the cruise to Canada.

Any questions that you have feel free to hit me up and I'll share with you our experience. For questions you can e-mail me directly aarepsl2@gmail.com.

Good Luck and take care,

Rusty

• 3 months later...
So I have been scraping everywhere on here for hints, tips and things to expect on that magical day but I decided to start my own thread due to the nature of our wedding and maybe being of help in the future to upcoming grooms/brides. I am one of the two grooms in our same-sex marriage on Allure of the Seas. Not that this has anything to do with the wedding itself, because the day is the same to us as it is to any other heterosexual couple but there are some things that will need to be tweaked due to the situation. The bouquet comes to mind HAHA.

We also really wanted to do it in St. Martin but since it would not be legal we had to choose to do it day of departure in Florida. We're doing the Paradise Shipboard option for the ceremony. We have our first meeting with the Wedding Planner tomorrow (06/22/15). I can not wait to start this process and get our day all together to start our lives together. So excited to share with our family and friends as well. I'm just trying to figure out the options to customize our ceremony and also getting an hour or two for a reception so that those that are coming in from out of town don't feel they came in for a 30 minute ceremony and then their off the boat and we're gone.

Any help or advice or just general clues on how to remain calm and not freak out would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully, if there are anymore same sex marriages on Royal Caribbean that have questions they can reference this thread and know what i went through. So far so good and so excited!

P.S. Wedding date is the sail away date of 02/14. Valentines Day! Cliche? haha

Hi!

I'm planning a same sex wedding for 2016 as well.

How did the planning work out with the Allure?