Discoverer question

oregon50

We are "just" off the Discoverer and had a really great cruise.

The wines were a pleasant surprise, much much better than I expected and really quite good overall.

The food was not good on this cruise , but it may have improved.

Why ? well they were trialling a wellness emphasis across the catering.

There was a dietician "supervising" the galley and I suspect that it was causing some .. er…anyway….

The buffet will still be barely warm and the plates will still be cold, so enjoy cold meals. They got heaps of negative feedback on this subject and may have already made some interim changes.

For the rest , typical Silversea.

Friendly relaxed and very competent hotel staff across all sections.

Led by Conrad and Danil ,The expedition team were fantastic ,they truly excelled.

We spent 43 days on Discoverer, getting off on November 3. We were pleased at the quality of the wines and Sommelier Erdal gave us many options if we didn't like the wine presented. In addition, when we liked a particular wine, we had no problem having that.

I would also like to comment on the food. We boarded at the beginning of the wellness program and I take issue with the previous commenter regarding the quality of the food. The lunch buffet had many options that were not in the wellness category, though some of us appreciated knowing the nutritional and caloric content of some of the food at lunch, and all at dinner. For lunch, there is always the pool grill and for dinner, in addition to Hot Rock, there are always available steak, salmon and chicken breast. Overall, I thought the food was very good and I didn't suffer from choosing lower calorie dishes, We still gained weight, but not as much as we would have if we hadn't the emphasis on wellness.