PRIDE NEW DEPARTURE TIME 5:00pm

FloatingSunGoddess

With the Pride's new departure time (5:00pm), does anyone know what time Carnival's transfer service starts? Our flight gets in to Baltimore at 8:00AM. We understand the ship doesn't dock until 10:00am now. How quickly will they allow new guests on? We don't know what to do to kill time. Any suggestions?

Per CCL FAQ for Baltimore departures:

Ship departure from port of 4:30PM and 5:30PM

Your flight must arrive no later than 2:00 PM on the day of your cruise and transfer service will be provided between 9:00 AM and 2:45 PM.

With the Pride's new departure time (5:00pm), does anyone know what time Carnival's transfer service starts? Our flight gets in to Baltimore at 8:00AM. We understand the ship doesn't dock until 10:00am now. How quickly will they allow new guests on? We don't know what to do to kill time. Any suggestions?

The transfer service start time depends on which airport you are arriving to and the info should be tied to the flight information your provide Carnival during the online check-in. The shuttle will leave the airport when it is mostly full or after a set amount of time, which ever happens first. People on the CC boards have reported having to wait as long as an hour before the shuttle leaves the airport. Passengers arriving via Carnival transfer system are exempt from the staggered check-in time process as they have no control over their travel time.

The Pride will need 2-3 hours after docking to discharge the previous passengers and be cleared by the Coast Guard, longer if the are other federal level inspections that need to be done. Due to the later arrival and departure time for the Pride those that must pick a staggered check-in find noon is the earliest option. If space allows the terminal will start the security and check-in process for those on the Carnival transfer system as the shuttles arrive, but unless you have priority you will be sat in the general waiting area to board after the wedding party, Diamonds, Platinum, special event guests, and FttF. There will be a bit of hurry up and wait when using the airport shuttles as they do not stop anywhere other than the airport and the cruise terminal, in Baltimore there is nothing within walking distance of the cruise terminal to constructively use up time.

It is conceivable that you could take the shuttle to the port, check most of your your luggage keeping your minimal carry-on with you, then catch one of the cabs waiting for the departing passengers to take you to the Inner Harbor to do a little sightseeing. But you would need to be very conscience of timing to be able to get back to the cruise terminal between 2-3 pm to check-in for final boarding. Short of that you will be waiting in the terminal till at least 12:15 or so before boarding, a book or downloaded movie might be worth packing in your carry-on to pass the time.

:) Thanks!!!

The transfer service start time depends on which airport you are arriving to and the info should be tied to the flight information your provide Carnival during the online check-in. The shuttle will leave the airport when it is mostly full or after a set amount of time, which ever happens first. People on the CC boards have reported having to wait as long as an hour before the shuttle leaves the airport. Passengers arriving via Carnival transfer system are exempt from the staggered check-in time process as they have no control over their travel time.

The Pride will need 2-3 hours after docking to discharge the previous passengers and be cleared by the Coast Guard, longer if the are other federal level inspections that need to be done. Due to the later arrival and departure time for the Pride those that must pick a staggered check-in find noon is the earliest option. If space allows the terminal will start the security and check-in process for those on the Carnival transfer system as the shuttles arrive, but unless you have priority you will be sat in the general waiting area to board after the wedding party, Diamonds, Platinum, special event guests, and FttF. There will be a bit of hurry up and wait when using the airport shuttles as they do not stop anywhere other than the airport and the cruise terminal, in Baltimore there is nothing within walking distance of the cruise terminal to constructively use up time.

It is conceivable that you could take the shuttle to the port, check most of your your luggage keeping your minimal carry-on with you, then catch one of the cabs waiting for the departing passengers to take you to the Inner Harbor to do a little sightseeing. But you would need to be very conscience of timing to be able to get back to the cruise terminal between 2-3 pm to check-in for final boarding. Short of that you will be waiting in the terminal till at least 12:15 or so before boarding, a book or downloaded movie might be worth packing in your carry-on to pass the time.

Based on several trips on the Pride leaving from Baltimore, here is what I have observed. The Pride usually docks at the pier between 8:30am and 9:00am. Self-debarkation begins around 9:30 - 9:45am. They begin calling zones around 10:15am. New boarding begins around 12:45 to 1:15PM. This schedule can be delayed if the Pride is held up coming up the Bay or hits bad weather off Cape Hatteras on the way home. On three of my trips on the Pride from Baltimore, we have been on the Lido Deck enjoying a Funship Special before 1PM.

Based on several trips on the Pride leaving from Baltimore, here is what I have observed. The Pride usually docks at the pier between 8:30am and 9:00am. Self-debarkation begins around 9:30 - 9:45am. They begin calling zones around 10:15am. New boarding begins around 12:45 to 1:15PM. This schedule can be delayed if the Pride is held up coming up the Bay or hits bad weather off Cape Hatteras on the way home. On three of my trips on the Pride from Baltimore, we have been on the Lido Deck enjoying a Funship Special before 1PM.

We have been on the Pride 5 times and agree with Big Doug. We plan on getting to the pier at noon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the response! I see you will be on the Pride again in April....will you please let me know if there are any changes since they have new arrival and departing times. We've been on the Pride many times too, but received a letter saying they will now dock at 10:00AM. Would like to know what this will be like for boarding. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the response! I see you will be on the Pride again in April....will you please let me know if there are any changes since they have new arrival and departing times. We've been on the Pride many times too, but received a letter saying they will now dock at 10:00AM. Would like to know what this will be like for boarding. Thanks!!!

I'll be glad to update this info as soon as we get back. :D