Is Eden Beach good & do u need a day pass?

shayv01

Hello, we're headed to Bonaire via Celebrity cruise line in a couple weeks. We've been to Lac Bay/Sorobon a couple times but was hoping for a bigger beach with facilities (nice bathrooms & resteraunt/bar).

Is Eden beach a good beach for us & our friends who snorkel?

I saw that there's a resort there, do we have to purchase a day pass or can we just enjoy the beach, rent chairs & utilize the resteraunt/bar at the resort or on the beach?

Thank you in advance,

Happy Cruisin'

Eden Beach is a nice place to spend the day. There are chairs and umbrellas for $10 for the day, per person. Behind this area is a small pool, again for $10 for the day, per person. There is a good bar and food available either at the bar (bar seating & tables) or they will bring it to your chair. Wait staff bring the food from the adjacent restaurant Spice but I didn't see anyone eating in the restaurant for lunch. Clean restrooms are available here. No shower facilities that I saw. Note: there were a couple women sunbathing topless when we were here.

Almost all of Bonaire is "iron shore" with white coral and rocks - not sandy beach. Lac Bay, where you've been, is the exception.The area at Eden Beach where the chairs are is sandy, but there is a seawall at the water. There is a pier here with a ladder for easy entry to snorkel. There is also a water taxi here ($15 per person) over to Klein Bonaire, where the snorkeling is phenomenal! Klein has a beautiful sandy beach, but absolutely NO facilities. You can bring bottled water (a must!), coolers, towels etc on the taxi and leave on Klein's beach while you snorkel. I believe the taxi runs every 2 hours starting around 10:30. Hope this was helpful.:)

• Like 1

I can't help with taxi cost, as we were staying on Bonaire with a vehicle. It is only a quick 10 or 15 minute ride north from the cruise terminal. Lac Bay, which the OP mentioned, is about twice the time/distance in the opposite direction.

Also, in re-reading the OP's question, I should caution that Eden Beach is not very big, so I'd get there early if you want chairs. The beach & pool are situated between condos on one side and Spice Restaurant on the other. There wasn't a cruise ship in town the day we were there so chairs were plentiful. I've attached (I think!) a picture showing the beach area. This is looking at roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the beach area.You can just see the corner of the bar in the left side of the picture and the pool is directly behind where I took the picture. The strip of land you see in the far distance is Klein Bonaire. This was about 10am.

I haven't been to the Sorobon Resort, but Eden Beach has nicer facilities, in my opinion, than Jibe City @ Lac Bay. We went to Lac Bay mainly to watch people wind surf.

1675601877_IMG_1026(1).jpg.d0ea3727ac12d2b37f4db904be033687.jpg

Thanks for that info. i think I am leaning a little more towards Spice Beach. We have done the Woodwind Snorkle tour before and spent time at the Flamingo Divi resort a couple of times. Wanted to try something different this time. I hate crowds so I hope we can get there early.