NCL Star vs. NCL Pearl for May 2007

KVR

OK, we have booked and canceled an Alaska cruise 4 years in a row and ended up in the Caribbean instead. We are going to try again for May, 2007. We won't be able to cancel this time because our FF on Southwest to Seattle will expire the end of May 2007. So we either go this time or lose our air tickets.

Besides the difference between Sawyer Glacier and Glacier Bay, what are the differences between the Star and the Pearl?

Our last 4 bookings we chose the iteniary with Sawyer Glacier, but the majority usually choses Glacier Bay. The time in port for each is basically the same. Right now the Star balcony guarentee is coming in slightly cheaper. One of the the things we look for are more things to do on the ship.

Which ship would you chose and why?

I like NCL, and sail them frequently. :) Either people love them or hate them it seems. Last year I took the Star, with the itinerary of the Pearl next year. Wonderful ships in my opinion, set up for freestyle and plenty of nice deck space.

Glacier Bay is definately my preference, and if you are sailing in May, you will NOT get up to the glaciers in Tracy Arm- if that matters. But plenty of very angry disappointed people on my sailing this year in May.

We almost booked the Star this year. I think the Star may be going to Tracey Arm with the new Pearl going to Glacier Bay? Most people recommend Glacier Bay over Tracey Arm and with similar port times I would probably go with the Pearl. Plus I think the Pearl is a new ship which would be nice to sail on.

Thanks for the input. After more research, we went with the NCL Star/Sawyer Glacier mainly due to the price difference. The Star ended up coming in much lower for a balcony guarentee.

Archived