Hotels in Mobile With Transportation

imirish

• 2 weeks later...

i just booked a room at Wingate by Wyndham... they offer transport to the airport and to the cruise port.

Wingate by Wyndham Mobile AL

516 Springhill Plaza Ct

Springhill Avenue & I-65

Mobile, AL 36608 US

Phone: 251-441-1979

Fax:251-441-1978

i just booked a room at Wingate by Wyndham... they offer transport to the airport and to the cruise port.

Wingate by Wyndham Mobile AL

516 Springhill Plaza Ct

Springhill Avenue & I-65

Mobile, AL 36608 US

Phone: 251-441-1979

Fax:251-441-1978

Thanks for the suggestion, I called them. Did you know they charge you $10.00 a day for parking while you are on the cruise? I still may book with them as I am not really having much luck with the Cruise N Park Packages in Mobile.

I sailed on the Holiday last year and stayed at the Best Western Battleship Inn. It had been recently renovated post Katrina. It was very nice. Our room had a nice view of the Battleship and waterfront. Was very clean and bed was super comfy.

I paid $89 for 1 night and they let us keep our car there for the 5 days for free. They had a free shuttle to the port.

I didn't see any point in paying more for the hotels close to the port because wew were only there overnight.

Only downside is no close stores or dining. They have a restaurant onsite, but we chose to drive about 10 min away for dinner.

Thanks for the suggestion, I called them. Did you know they charge you $10.00 a day for parking while you are on the cruise? I still may book with them as I am not really having much luck with the Cruise N Park Packages in Mobile.

we're actually flying in from Chicago, so we won't need to park. There seems to be a lot of places nearby to eat, which is important since we won't be driving.

• 2 months later...

About a year ago, I booked my room online with them though Orbitz, say for $59 . When I mentioned to them that we wanted to use the port shuttle, they said Ooohhhh... the price we charged you does not include that, so we got charged about 20-30 more to to about the$89 you saw. So it may seem free, but it really isnt. :-( Nice hotel and friendly staff though.

I sailed on the Holiday last year and stayed at the Best Western Battleship Inn. It had been recently renovated post Katrina. It was very nice. Our room had a nice view of the Battleship and waterfront. Was very clean and bed was super comfy.

I paid $89 for 1 night and they let us keep our car there for the 5 days for free. They had a free shuttle to the port.

I didn't see any point in paying more for the hotels close to the port because wew were only there overnight.

Only downside is no close stores or dining. They have a restaurant onsite, but we chose to drive about 10 min away for dinner.

Archived