Carnival - Any LGBT Weddings?

HappyHappy1

What is going on with Carnival? They have pulled most of their ships out of locations which perform same sex marriages - Baltimore, Boston, and now NYC. They still have two ships in Long Beach though. I would hope that they are leaving for financial business reasons - not to avoid same sex marriages. We had hoped for Baltimore or NYC for our wedding... I guess its time to consider other lines...:(

They left Boston because it wasn't profitable in the summer, New York because it wasn't profitable in the winter, and Baltimore because of the EPA guidelines that are coming into effect. Actually, it left all three because of the EPA guidelines, but that's a whole other story. There have been at least three same sex marriages on Carnival this year (including my own), so I can't imagine that played into their decision--it just so happened that the same-sex marriage ports and most of their ports of call fall into the EPA zone.

map_cw_01a.png

Word on the street (the street being my PVP who is trying to keep my business) is that Carnival will be back to Baltimore once they have scrubbers installed and they'll be back to New York at least part time starting next summer. The schedule's *should* be out this Spring.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Carnival recently announced that they will be cruising out of Norfolk VA, and many have speculated that it will be unlikely that they will go back to Baltimore while they have ships out of Norfolk.

I live outside DC, and am taking the Carnival Pride from Baltimore in 7 days. I wish they'd stay.... Not having to take an airplane is making a huge difference.

You still have until late October if you'd like to get married on Pride!!!! If not.... Maybe with Virginia's new attorney general there will be same sex marriages in VA within a few years (she says hopefully but skeptically). :D

What is going on with Carnival? They have pulled most of their ships out of locations which perform same sex marriages - Baltimore, Boston, and now NYC. They still have two ships in Long Beach though. I would hope that they are leaving for financial business reasons - not to avoid same sex marriages. We had hoped for Baltimore or NYC for our wedding... I guess its time to consider other lines...:(

Good news--Carnival just announced they're bringing back Pride to Baltimore in April 2015. It'll go to dry dock, do a couple months in Tampa and then she's back year-round!

• 3 months later...

There's always ships which sail out of Seattle as well.