Atlantis Submarine Grand Cayman

AAAG

Has anyone done this excursion with young children?

DCL lists the minimum requirements as 36 " tall and 4 years old. the submarine website only lists the height requirement, not age.

DS is already over 36" tall, but he will be only 2 years 10 months at the time we are there. Are we likely going to be allowed to do it?

Is it a good excursion for young kids? (My other DS is 5 years old and is into submarines)

Are we likely going to be allowed to do it?

Not booking thru DCL . . . they add restrictions on to many excursions IME and since they 'know' the age of your children they can easily not sell you tickets.

On the other hand I learned that if you get to the excursion and meet the excursion requirements but maybe not DCL's requirements, you are OK. I'm NOT suggesting a way to get around the rules (that gets the post deleted by the moderators) ... but once, due to a child getting sick the day of the excursion, I just took the 'not quite old enuf' sibling who was NOT going b4 . . . and no one said a thing . . . BUT NOTE, my substitution was close to the 'cut off'

about the Cayman Sub and things to consider

the sub actually operates a mile or so from where the office is. you ride a tender (another tender!) from shore out to the sub, and then do an at sea transfer from one vessel to the other. Unlike the cruise ship to tender experience ... both boats are SMALL and if it is not smooth . . . THEN, you go down into the sub, which is a narrow ladder . . will your 34 month be able to navigate these chutes and ladders?