Azura / flight delay 24 hrs.

Zoggler

Hi Guys, well, recently returned for Carribean holiday, departure m/c 4.3.16

Flight delayed, sat on plane 6.30 hrs, then taken to hotel overnight and flew following day. Carriers Thomson which p &0 chartered.

Now, when we arrived Barbados, letter given by Thomson when leaving the plane quite cynical really, apologies , you were delayed by 23 hrs and 37 mins, this may help with a claim through your travel insurance!!.

No response from p&0 on ship etc, when we returned I emailed mr Edgington outlining the event of Friday , his team have just responded and virtually said, sorry not our fault contact Thomson direct??.

Can someone please confirm that it is p&0 's responsibility to do that on my behalf, or have I missed something.

P&0 in my view are acting like some well known low cost airlines.

I would welcome some feedback before l respond to P&0.

Many thanks.

What is it you are asking?

For a delayed flight of that duration you should (subject to the circumstances) be entitled to a cash claim under EU261 legislation. That would normally involve a claim to the airline directly. For any loss of other amenity the claim/complaint should be made to the tour operator.

It sounds as if the letter you received was provided to help facilitate a possible claim through travel insurance. Such insurance often provides a quicker recovery route for losses incurred by travel delays and disruption.